Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much left of yesterday’s food so I’ll pad it out with lentils . And seeing as I’m feeling rather naughty diet wise and you lot keep going on about Yorkshire puddings * drools.....I think we’ll have one of those too
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^Just so's you know, Nicos, I didn't make the Yorkshire puds in the end... Plus, it's the last time I'll make these biscuits. They look beautiful and taste boring.

Comment

• Due to one of those "Days from hell!", all my plans went out of the window today. We've just had mushroom omelette, chips (made with our own potatoes), and salad. It must have been filling as I couldn't manage a chip butty.

Comment

• OK, so no Yorkshire puds but Mr Snoop has requested toad in the hole...

Also, some buns with gianduja filling as gifts. The turrón biscuits from yesterday look lovely but they taste extremely plain, surprisingly. Not good enough as gifts. So will try these buns instead. Plus bread. The loaf the other day was an invention and it tastes amazing (got barley flour in it), but the texture is extremely dense. Just as well it was a small loaf. Will try another today and see how it goes.

Comment

• A variation on cauli cheese.

Cauli smothered in chilli con carne with a layer of baked cheese on top
            Served with Freshly baked bread and butter

mangoes for pud

Comment

• ^Bet that was yummy, Nicos.

Lunch: salad and squisotto.

Supper: courgette and blue cheese soup.

Bread. Didn't make any yesterday as found rolls in freezer.

Comment

• Left overs tonight!

And yes, it was really yummy...I’ll deffo be making it again!

Comment

• Profiteroles for pud! First time in a couple of years!....* wonders if you can get away with eating pud before the main course????

Comment

• Ooooooh! Profiteroles filled with whipped cream with chocolate sauce. I love them. Just scheming here, now. I have bought a BIG carton of cream to make brandy cream to go with Christmas pudding and it has a long date and I have everything in to make chocolate sauce. I'm sure I can get away with making profiteroles at some point this weekend and treating myself. They are one of those pudds that I would never order in a restaurant as, to my mind, they need eating while they are fresh. It is probably a couple of years since I made them.

Comment

• Wanted something quick and easy tonight, so it was tinned spaghetti on toast!

Comment

• ^We had toasted cheese sandwiches in the end last night. Very easy for me as made by Mr Snoop.

Lunch today: homemade ravioli filled with cured ham and the usual stuff (wish me luck, never made them on my own before) and salad. Mandarines for pud.
                        Supper: parsnip and oat soup.

Plus, sorting out the pork for tomorrow. Maybe a cake of some variety?

Comment

• We traditionally worked through to 5pm Xmas Eve so used to treat ourselves to a simple supper of steak and creamy mushroom baguette with some fizz followed by trifle or Xmas cake/ mince pies if we were still hungry.

No tight deadlines anymore but we’ll be keeping up the tradition ( as do our children in their own homes!)

Comment

• Tuesday we had pasta bake from the freezer with garlic bread, last night was chicken curry with naan and tonight will be lamb shanks with mashed potato and swede, carrots, sprouts, gravy and mint jelly.
                            I'll also do a couple of jobs for tomorrow such as whipping up some brandy cream and maybe even making the Yorkshire pudding batter. Tomorrow I intend being "tranquil". That will be the day!!

Comment

• Pumpkin and lentil tart (quite a faff, sort of thing I would only attempt when I have a day off work!)

Comment

• No ravioli. It was a dreadfully cloudy day, so no electricity for making pasta. In fact, yesterday was a first for us as we had almost the same as we will have today. Leftovers on Christmas Day? Very odd, but saves a lot of hassle. Mr Snoop's choice and a sensible one.

Lunch: roast pork, Yorkshire puds (instead of potatoes, honest, Nicos) and veg. Christmas pud for afters.

Supper: probably speculaas biscuits if last night is anything to go by...

Maybe more speculaas biscuits for gifts to take round to a friend tomorrow. If the ones we've just had with coffee are anything to go by, they're better the day after they're made.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X