Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight pork escalope with a blue cheese sauce (lump of Stilton in the fridge), potatoes boulangère, carrots, peas and apple sauce on the side.

Comment

• Friend up the valley cooked lunch: kedgeree. We provided the mandarines for afters. They were extremely dry. Not at all nice. Dogs very happy to eat them, mind.

Supper: baked beans on toast, I think. I found some Heinz beans in a corner shop here today. They've never had them before. So I bought two tins, two tubs of glacé cherries (never, ever seen those locally) and some Turkish delight and halva to encourage them to keep the foreign stocks coming. They even had Tetley's tea bags! Only packets of 40, but Mr Snoop said I should have bought some to show willing.

Comment

• ^^^^ nice one!... clearly thinking of others when ordering supplies!

I spotted Heinz salad cream for the first time here the other day so naturally had to buy one

Tonight we are having home made pizza...and I'm cracking open the salad cream with it!!!... OH thinks it's a bonkers combination but I really love it!

Clementines for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lunch: fresh anchovies, lemon rice and salad, mandarin pot cake (ingredients measured out by volume of a yogurt pot).

I've never made one of these cakes before. I've never been convinced because the amount of flour in a pot can vary considerably. Anyway, surprisingly good and looked the part. Recipe from here: A ring and a pot | rachel eats (wordpress.com)

Comment

• Lunch today: trout in bacon, cabbage and potato of some kind or other.
            Supper: minestrone soup.

Walnut loaf and another mandarin pot cake for Mr Snoop to give as a gift to someone.

Comment

• A variation on a theme of Cauli cheese but using a mixture of veg, tinned toms and a grilled cheese topping.

I like that link Snoop .... bet that's something for my Omnia oven!!!!

Comment

• Yesterday I made pasta bake and we had it with garlic bread and salad. Husbands choice today. Scampi, homemade tartare sauce, potato scallops and salad.
                As it's raining I might make a date and walnut loaf (just because I fancy one and I think I'll probably have all the ingredients).

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  I like that link Snoop .... bet that's something for my Omnia oven!!!!
                  Good idea, yes. Can't see why it wouldn't work well. I have to put cake tins on the floor of the oven and I always worry they'll burn. It's a surprisingly runny batter but cooked both times perfectly. I can see I'll be making this regularly, as it's extremely quick to mix.

Comment

• Veggie haggis, neeps and tatties for tea - and spent the afternoon making a gingerbread house (far too wet for the allotment today!)

Comment

• Lunch: aubergine parmigiana.
                      Supper: I think it will have to be salad (big bag of lamb's lettuce needs eating ).

Comment

• Veggie n"™cheese mix left overs.

Jostaberry and apple with yog for pud.

Comment

• Roasted Cauliflower and Almond soup for us tonight. We usually try to keep thing nice and light in the run-up to Christmas. Also trying to use up some of the staples to make way for the slightly more decadent foodstuffs that will be filling the larder from the weekend onward!
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• ^That sounds lovely, Peteyd.

Lunch: lamb's liver stroganoff with rice.

Friend coming for tea so will make a chocolate and mandarin pot cake for that.

Supper: green soup, I imagine.

Edited: forgot chicken with prunes to go in the freezer.
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 16-12-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Monday we had fish pie, carrots and peas.
                              Yesterday was chicken curry and naan.
                              Tonight is going to be lamb shanks, mashed potato, roast parsnips, carrots and cabbage with gravy.

Last night while we were chatting on the phone with one of my husbands old friends (aged 93) I just happened to mention we had had chicken curry for dinner. I often take him a portion of lasagne when I make it but I never thought he'd be a curry fan. He practically drooled down the phone at the thought of it however so I promised him some next time we have it.

Comment

• Veggie and tomato pasta followed by oranges

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X