Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch: cod en papillotte with whatever veg I can find that looks suitable.
    Supper: more squash soup.

Last half of the squash to bake and freeze. Also for the soup above.
    Bread. I still haven't made it... Mr Snoop now getting impatient.
    Cake. My new bun and cake tins have landed. Something with lemon I think. Anyone got a favourite lemon cake, I'm all ears...

Comment

• ^^When I make lemon cake I usually make Delia's all in one Victoria sponge flavoured with lemon juice and zest and filled with lemon curd but generally if I really fancy something sweet and lemony it's got to be lemon meringue pie (Be-Ro recipe).

Comment

• Marble cake for coffee.

I haven't thought much further than that so far.

For dinner probably something involving potatoes, leeks, runner beans from the freezer, and creme fraîche.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          ^^When I make lemon cake I usually make Delia's all in one Victoria sponge flavoured with lemon juice and zest and filled with lemon curd but generally if I really fancy something sweet and lemony it's got to be lemon meringue pie (Be-Ro recipe).
          Thanks, GF. I'll check out the Delia recipe.

Comment

• Tonight my husband has put in a request for plaice again. We'll have chips, peas and homemade tartare sauce with it (and if I've got room a slice of bread and butter for a chip butty).
            Somebody has got me fancying Lemon meringue pie now. I might make one tomorrow and share some with the in-laws.

Comment

• Lunch today: cod and assorted steamed veg.
              Supper: squash soup.

Plus: walnut bread, seed crackers and experimental magdalenas. Experimental because I've got assorted things I want to try as fillings to see if they sink in the buns or survive the baking process (very thick gianduja paste [to try in a lump and chopped], thawed blueberries and blueberry jam). Even if they don't work out quite the way I hope, I'm guessing they'll be delicious.

Comment

• Left over guinea fowl and veg , but cooked with white beans into a sort of casserole.

clementines for pud
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Managed everything yesterday but the experimental buns. I made Helen Thomas's apricot and walnut cookies. Delicious. The recipe makes 30 (I managed 31), so there are (were...) plenty of biscuits in the house not to need cakes as well. Not a big fan of bourbon or custard cream biscuits, but I'd eat all the others in the book. Great recommendation from mothhawk.

Lunch today: salmon and cauliflower cheese. I know there are a couple of mini plum crumbles in the freezer somewhere. Might see if I can dig them out for a pud.
                  Supper: squash soup.

Comment

• Yesterday we had fish pie topped with caper mash as my husband had been awake for part of the previous night with acid. As bland and boiled was the order of the day I didn't make lemon meringue pie.
                    I've got some chicken thighs in the fridge that want using so maybe chicken curry or casserole today.

Comment

• More crackers and more bread.

Didn't manage the salmon yesterday. Ended up being veggie burger and chips with fried toms and bubble and squeak. Delicious.

So lunch today: salmon and cauliflower cheese.
                      Supper: green soup.

Comment

• Yesterday was fish inspired having read about the fish pie!!!!

scallops for starters followed by fresh cod and French beans then a rather large slice of rhubarb, apple and custard tart.

I bought 5 caulies for less than a 1€ each yesterday ( they have been over 5€ each in recent weeks!!!!) so we'll probably do something with one of those tonight....

Comment

• Last night I used half the chicken thighs (froze the others) and made curry. We had it with naan. It has gone into my husband's favourites list. Followed with rice pudding.
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 01-12-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Roasted cauliflower with spicy duck breast and a side salad of our own lettuce and tomatoes!
                            Another chunk of rhubarb and apple custard tart for pud.

Comment

• Tonight will be lamb shanks, mashed potatoes, carrots, french beans and gravy. Mint sauce.
                              Bread and butter (and marmalade) pudding.

Comment

• Lunch: asparagus risotto, baked apples stuffed with prunes again. Went down very well last time and next to no effort.
                                Supper: courgette and blue cheese soup.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X