Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prawn curry and naan bread.. I must admit the much fancied parkin I made a few days ago was a let down. It was a first attempt but was very solid and lead like and I'm not I a hurry to try it again.

Comment

• Cover it in custard and maybe serve with some stewed apple gf...sounds yummy to me!

Actually one thing which is utterly delish is Angel Delight ( butterscotch) poured over Jamaica ginger cake and tinned manderines. It a quick pud from years ago but I bet those would go beautifully with your cake !
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• * Look away Snoop!!!!!

Not Parkin but try this recipe...it's Devine

https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/...20130708-2pn4k
        Last edited by Nicos; 09-11-2020, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• ^^ I will definitely be trying that.

Comment

• ^^ Maybe I could just make the cake without the icing... That would help, wouldn't it?
            Actually, we've got better than we used to be with cake. I didn't know you could freeze cake, so we'd eat it till it was gone. Freezing it has been a game changer. Recipes that say for twelve really do get cut into at least twelve portions, two eaten and ten in the freezer. Mostly I make small buns these days and the supposed 'excess' goes to friends or the freezer. I think it was you who mentioned freezing cake, Nicos. Brilliant advice, thanks.

Anyway, didn't make bread yesterday but will try to get some made today.

Plus, cod and veg for lunch today. Spiced carrot and apple soup for supper. Haven't made that for ages and I love it.

Comment

• You are both welcome!

tonights creation is using up a small amount of liver.
              So - using caramalized onion and finely chopped courgette and liver, it's going to be a bowl of devilled liver rolled with noodles. Served with a side salad of our own lettuce and cucumber.

Clementines for pud

Comment

• Tonight lamb steaks, small Yorkshire pudding each, mashed potato, carrots, cabbage, mint jelly and gravy.

Comment

• Lunch: some of the doro wat made the other day plus misir wat and leftover spicy courgettes.

Supper: the cauli, pear and blue cheese soup I keep promising to make and still haven't.

And bread. Definitely. I've told Mr Snoop we can't have the last flapjacks in the freezer because I'll be making bread and we're bound to want a slice with bread and butter for a treat. So, now I have to bake bread. A walnut loaf with French nearly-granary flour, I think.

Comment

• Veggie frittata and side salad
                    stewed apples in blueberry and peach juice with yogurt for pud

(Oh - and by the way-I didn't make the frosting on that cake cos I knew I was freezing some of it and didn't know how it would react)

Comment

• Some kind of quiche, jacket potato and salad.

Comment

• Was supposed to be omelette and salad, but it's too miserable a day so:

Lunch: cauliflower cheese and veg. Mandarins for afters.
                        Supper: leek and potato soup.

Plus crackers to make the most of the hot oven after the cauli.

Comment

• We'll be having pasta bake, garlic bread and salad this evening.

Comment

• An accidentally ridiculously hot beef "˜ curry"™ with cauliflower rice

Rhubarb jelly for pud ( that"™s the last of 2019 rhubarb finally out of the freezer)

Comment

• Yesterday went properly awry. No good for the diet, even on our week off, and not really as planned. Lunch: cheese and lime pickle open sandwiches, made by Mr Snoop so loads of cheddar. Supper: ham omelette and lentils with bits of veg.

I seem to be in the mood for lentils, as about to make a lentil, cabbage and leek soup for breakfast now and for supper tonight.

Lunch: stir-fried veg plus noodles (not many for me, honest). Mandarins for afters.

Comment

• I gave my husband an open choice of what he'd like tonight. His choice: Cod (in batter), chips and peas. Fish is now defrosting, beer is chilling for the batter. I've got a big sack of my potatoes here so he can have as many chips as he wants, my peas are in the freezer and I'll make some tartare sauce.

I'll make sure he's got the gaviscon to hand!!!!
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 13-11-2020, 11:11 AM. Reason: Afterthought.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X