Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight was pasta bake, garlic bread and salad.

Comment

• Yesterday's meals didn't happen. Mr Snoop came back with some short-dated turkey slices. So had those instead.

We have two pieces of confit de canard that need eating. Poor us... So them for one meal with veg and soup for the other.

Not sure about bread. Mr Snoop bought a loaf of pumpernickel bread while out yesterday. Not my favourite but it saves me the effort of making any.

Comment

• Confit de canard and assorted tray bake veg tonight. Didn't manage it yesterday...

Comment

• Lunch today with a friend: pretty much the same as yesterday except with salmon rather than duck. Crackers and toasted pumpkin seeds for nibbles, tarte tatin with cream for afters.

Diet starts Monday...

Comment

• Life has returned to something approaching normality after a week of quick meals and too many chips.
            Yesterday while it was raining I made pasta bake for our evening meal, for the freezer and a couple of portions for relatives who live alone. We had ours with garlic bread.
            I've got white fish out of the freezer to make a fish pie today. I'll top it with caper flavoured mashed potato, sliced tomato and cheese and serve it with carrots and french beans.
            Maybe a trifle to finish.

Comment

• ^Sounds delish. Nicos, how do you manage, coming on to this thread if you're on a diet? I suspect that every time I read greenishfing's meals, I'm going to feel massively hungry and deprived next week. Still no Mr Bones, I notice. Which is a great shame.

Anyway, just had an omelette for lunch. Leftover tarte tatin for afternoon tea with friend. Supper will be mushroom risotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                ^Sounds delish. Nicos, how do you manage, coming on to this thread if you're on a diet? I suspect that every time I read greenishfing's meals, I'm going to feel massively hungry and deprived next week. Still no Mr Bones, I notice. Which is a great shame.

Anyway, just had an omelette for lunch. Leftover tarte tatin for afternoon tea with friend. Supper will be mushroom risotto.
                Sorry, I don't want anybody to feel hungry and deprived! I know some of the in-laws say I spoil my husband though. Can you believe I couldn't boil an egg when I left home in my teens I'm ashamed to say.

Comment

• Pay no attention to me, GF. You carry on and spoil your husband. I'll just imagine your meals and enjoy them vicariously. Fortunately (or otherwise, depending on how you look at it), I'm allergic to prawns, so I won't mind about the prawn curries. That said, my husband would absolutely love those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos
                    GF..... your meals sound utterly delightful! Mmmmmmmm....
                    Thanks! I am lucky I put a few pounds on in Winter and lose them in Summer so I don't diet but we only eat breakfast and dinner and the only food we eat in between is a bit of allotment grazing in Summer.

Comment

• Pumpkin and chard lasagne for dinner, and a chicken/leek/mushroom/mash pie all ready to pop in the oven when I get home from work tomorrow

Comment

• Right, today, lots of vegetables and a small amount of fruit. Just to get me started. Mr Snoop is keen to join in this time, so we're starting with a week and seeing how it goes. Week on, week off. The idea being that we learn how to manage portions and the sweet stuff a bit better in the week off. That will take a while, I reckon, but better this than no effort whatsoever.

I won't contribute every day this week, but I'll drop in. And yes, I do the same, Nicos: draw inspiration from everyone else's meals. Chestnut, your lasagne, for example, sounds yumptious.

Comment

• Last night was roast shoulder of lamb, Yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes, carrots, cabbage and roast squash with gravy. Also some of the mint jelly that my sister made when I gave her a bucket of Bramley windfalls.
                          Tonight is leftovers from yesterday. Basically sliced lamb warmed up in the gravy with bubble and squeak.

Comment

• ^I am not telling Mr Snoop any of that.

So far so good here. Loads more veg today. Plus, I ate a small handful of currants by mistake. I forgot I was supposed to be dieting. Never mind, not many, honest.

Comment

• ^I don't like ordinary jelly. I can't even begin to imagine what diet jelly is like. Jellier?

More of the same here but so far so good. Tell you one good thing about not eating so much or so much variety: less washing-up.

Comment

• Haggis, mashed potato and swede, green beans and creamy gravy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X