Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork escalope with sage sauce, baked apple wedges, potato gratin, ratatouille (using more of the courgette and tomato glut), last of the fresh peas, pimientos de Pàdron.

Raspberries and/or strawberries and cream should we have room.

There will also be lots of leftover ratatouille for the freezer.

Comment

• Lunch: Mr Snoop cooked, so bean stew from a can with extra lentils. Quite good, surprisingly. These stews here are sometimes ridiculously fatty.
      Supper: fish, salad and lemon rice. Figs for pud, I think.

Two loaves of sourdough, one for us, one for friend. Looking good so far.

Comment

• "Figs for pud", says snoop so nonchalantly. My three little trees have got plenty on but not one has ripened this year. I am jealous.

I have batch cooked pasta bake this afternoon so we're having one for tea with garlic bread. (Also a couple to give away and a couple minus the bechamel and mozzarella for the freezer)

Comment

• Something about those konjac noodles that has never really appealed to me. Total prejudice on my part. What were they actually like?

As for the figs, greenishfing, there are trees that grow wild here. So even if one tree doesn't have that many, visit a few and you can get enough. Me, I'd love a decent apple tree or two but apparently they don't do well here. Just the idea of a Cox's has me dreaming...

Lunch: home-made pork burger with trimmings.
          Supper: courgette and blue cheese soup.

Yesterday's loaf for the friend is the prettiest one I've ever made. Very nearly didn't hand it over... Friend said "Wow!" when I did, so that made me feel better. Oven temperature not quite right for ours, but still pretty good.
          Extras today: cherry and nut cookies, crackers and some mini buns. Possibly.

Comment

• Tonight smoked mackeral, homemade Waldorf salad, tomato pesto and mozzarella bake, jacket potato and maybe a few courgette fritters .

Comment

• Baked ham, potatoes, brocolli and carrots.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• None of yesterday happened. Not a single thing. Mr Snoop came back very late from shopping so we had a bowl of pasta (the real thing, I'm afraid, Nicos) and that was that for the day pretty much. Too full for anything more than a slice of toast in the evening for supper. Pork burgers still in the freezer, fortunately.

Lunch: chicken gyros and salad.
                Supper: lentil soup

No extras as it's too cloudy today for the food mixer to go on and I won't light the range just for crackers.

Bramble, wish I'd been at your house yesterday. Haven't had baked ham in donkey's years and I love it.

Comment

• Tonight smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak for me, potato dauphinoise, carrots and peas.
                  Pears poached in wine for pudding.

Comment

• Tonight nibbles of pimientos de Pàdron, mixed olives, baby tomatoes, cucumber batons and feta.

Vegetable and prawn curry with naan bread.

My one and only melon sprinkled with dried ginger.

Comment

• Lunch was a small lentil stew out of a can, I'm mortified to say. Mr Snoop went out and came back too hungry to wait for some real food. But I guess it's for occasions like this that we buy canned beans so...

Supper: Welsh rarebit with salad.

Toast bread in Jeffrey Hamelman's book Bread. Made it yesterday. Going for a re-run just to see if yesterday's loaf was beginner's luck. Still some left, honest, but not enough for tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos
                        Slow roast beef and a selection of veg from the garden. Sooo tempted to make a Yorkshire pudding!

Baked apples for pud.
                        How can you not have a Yorkshire pudding with that meal. I want one now but it doesn't go with curry!!!

Comment

• Marsala cake for coffee, probably lazy frozen pizza tonight.
                          ​​​​Something with aubergines, tomatoes and maybe lentils tomorrow (recipe tbc).

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

How can you not have a Yorkshire pudding with that meal. I want one now but it doesn't go with curry!!!
                            Yorkshire pudding filled with curry, poppadum on the side, heaven on a plate!
                            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                            Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Edited because I meant to start with: Yorkshire pud with curry, I don't see why not. After all, it's just a kind of baked puri. That would be my excuse!

In the end, supper yesterday was a bacon and egg sandwich, just bacon for me. Toast bread was a success second time around, so that's good news. One problem with bread that does actually rise is that it gets a bit close to the top of the oven (it's only 24 cm high).

Very late lunch (4 pm): salmon, salad and julienne potato cake, dried apricot and walnut cookies for afters.

More of the moreish crackers.

Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-09-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Lunch did not work out as planned. No salmon in the freezer but cod. Plus afters was egg custard, not biscuits.

Lunch today: minestrone (AKA veg soup with whatever I can find to go in it) plus a custard for afters.
                                Supper: quiche and salad.

Jeffrey Hamelman's oatmeal bread with cinnamon and raisins.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X