Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch: fish and salad I think. Quick and easy.
    Supper: lentil soup. Also quick and easy!

Yesterday's extras turned out to be the rondo bites and apricot and walnut cookies for the freezer and seed crackers to have with the baked avocado pear, which was delicious. Extras today will be two loaves of fake granary with walnuts (one for us and one for friends) and two small tartas de Santiago (one for us and one for friends).

Comment

• We had the beef kebab and courgette BBQ last night and will make a spicy Thai noodle soup with the remaining kebabs and veggies from the garden for tonight.
      More fresh plums I imagine-best year ever and they are lovely and sweet and juicy. Just wish I knew which variety they are
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• This morning felt cool and I was in sausage and mash zone. So tonight was Lincolnshire sausage, Yorkshire pudding, (toad out of the hole) slow cooked onions, mashed potatoes, carrots, french beans, cabbage and gravy.
        When we've got the appetite and energy ( hopefully soon) : Strawberry and raspberry Eton mess.

Comment

• Lunch: turkey 'osso bucco' and salad
          Supper: lentil soup (didn't have it last night)

Didn't make the tartas de Santiago yesterday. The freezer is full!

Comment

• Just got some of the base for the pasta bake I froze last week out of the freezer.When it's defrosted I'll make some of the white sauce for the top. We'll have it with salad and garlic bread.
            We never had room for pudding last night so still got strawberries and raspberries to use up.

Comment

• I was thinking of another bbq whilst the weather is ok...but you’ve reminded me GF that I have a few quiches which should be defrosted and eaten to make way for stewed Apple.
              Might do a small bbq plus quiche and salad.

Comment

• Due to the fact that I forgot to bring any potatoes home from the allotment today's plan has changed to prawn and courgette curry with naan bread.
                Freshly picked strawberries and raspberries for dessert.

Comment

• Lunch: gazpacho, cheese and salami with crackers, rondo bites with yogurt.
                  Supper: turkey steaks with veg, fresh figs if we can find any room for them.

Comment

• Because we had a very late lunch of salad and cheese we are having chips from our local chip shop.
                    Can't remember the last time we had them.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• ^I'm positively green with envy. No idea where our nearest chip shop would be. Portsmouth?

Comment

• We did eventually have a quiche from the freezer and then I made a 'bitsn'bobs' buffet using up leftovers and 'stuff'
                        Was rather yummy!

Last night , seeing as the defrosted chicken breasts turned out to be duck breast fat , we ended up raiding the freezer for ready made curries.

Tonights was going to be Thai duck and noodle soup....but the legs turned out to be rabbit legs
                        (How come permanent marker pen still manages to get rubbed off?)

So it's rabbit, tomato and lentil sauce with courgetti spaghetti instead.
                        Oh...and a chunk of defrosted bread and butter pudding served with cream for pud.

(Feels good to be eating up things from the freezer. We had 2018 frozen apple for breakfast the other day...making room for the windfall 2020 packets!)

Comment

• And Snoop -mmmm...I think we share the same 'local' chip shop! Fancy that!

oooo...chips n'mushy peas n'curry sauce...mmmmm

Comment

• Yet again I've forgotten to bring potatoes home from the allotment, probably because we left in a big hurry as we were getting soaked. The weather "guessers" got it wrong AGAIN!
                            We're going to have sweetcorn, roast vegetables (clear out the fridge gravel) with couscous and ribs with a barbecue sauce.
                            More strawberries and raspberries to finish.

Comment

• Evening all. Lunch today was the current regular: gazpacho, cheese and salami with toast, yogurt for afters. Supper: fish and salad. All this talk of chips is dangerous...

And sorry, Nicos, I'll pass on the curry sauce. Mr Snoop is from up north. He likes gravy with his chips, another abomination in my view. Just salt for me, no vinegar.

Comment

• It's a strange thing but we Irish dont have mushy peas with chips.
                                In fact the chip shop wouldnt even have thrm because nobody asks for them.
                                We had spicy chicken with ours.

Anyway back to healthier eating tonight.
                                Pork steak, Airfried potatoes, mushrooms, onions and red peppers.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X