Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight vegetable curry with a few prawns thrown in and naan bread. All the veg will have come from the allotments (although not necessary mine as the chillies and cauliflower have been donated by neighbours).
    Strawberry and blueberry Eton Mess.

Comment

I made pork escalopes, potato dauphinoise, cauliflower cheese, carrots and French beans.
      We haven't managed anything else yet but strawberries and cream are an option.

Comment

Lunch was gazpacho and yogurt blended with frozen summer fruit. Surprisingly good if a bit pippy. Frozen summer fruit were from a Spanish supermarket chain, but no idea where from originally as the mix included loganberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants, which I have never, ever, ever seen in a shop in Spain, either fresh or frozen. Will buy more if I ever see them again.

Supper, not very sure. Ought to be the chickpea and veg curry that we still haven't had...

Comment

Yesterday was mozzarella, quail egg and anchovy tumble salad with sugar free chocolate mousse

Today will be spicy roast courgette and chickpea curry with cucumber reita and baked bananas with cauliflower rice.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Didn't have the curry last night but spag bol instead. Enough bol sauce for another round today. Talk about easy. The sauce was from the freezer.

Lunch will probably be salad and omelette.

Edited: have just seen mothhawk's recipe for crackers, so lunch will be crackers, hummus and salad.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-08-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

We didn't have room for strawberries last night so I had strawberry milkshake for breakfast.
              I was trying to think of something easy for tonight. I suddenly remembered I had the base for a pasta bake in the freezer so that it coming out and I'll just make the bechamel sauce to go on top. We'll have it with garlic bread and salad.

Comment

Didn't make the crackers yesterday, but will today, along with a loaf of bread and some Spanish madeleines. Poolishes already on the go for the crackers and bread, so I'm committed to those!

Lunch: fish and veg
                Supper: hummus, crackers and salad.

Comment

Steak, chard and pan seared courgettes
                  Fresh fruit for pud

Comment

Tonight has been fish pie topped with caper mash with carrots and peas.

Comment

• Chicken curry with our own added peppers and onions.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Change of plan. Steak etc tonight instead.
                        OH wanted the rest of the courgette and chickpea curry last night

Comment

• Tonight will be Yorkshire pudding, roast chicken legs, mashed potatoes, carrots, french beans, cauliflower cheese and gravy.
                          Strawberry trifle.

Comment

• Tonight will be chilli con carne with our own jalapeno and onions.
                            Basmati rice.
                            A glass of red and some cheese.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yesterday: hake in breadcrumbs plus veg. Also made the Spanish madeleines eventually. Mr Snoop's remark: "What did you do differently? They look like they could sink the Titanic." They rose spectacularly. I made a carrot cake a few days back, also the best one I've ever made. I think the difference is a totally overpriced Kenwood chef flexible beater I bought a while back and have only used on these two recipes so far. Will just have to make more cakes to test this theory...

Supper tonight: cod in chermoula with baked veg.

Comment

• Tumble salad tonight using up some eggs and mozerella and 'Things wot lurk at the bottom of the fridge'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X