Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to a lots of eggs I think tonight will be mushroom omelette with salad and jacket potato. (This year is the first year my potatoes have been big enough to make worthwhile jackets).
    Presuming that I've got strawberries ready we'll have them as well but somebody has put the idea of carrot cake in my head so that is definitely on the cards in the next few days.

Comment

Last night, assorted veg roasted with ras el hanout, boiled eggs and slices of sourdough.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Mixed veg and sausage quiche with own chips

followed by either some rather dehydrated strawberries from the garden or mirabelle and apricot tart with ice cream....or both!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          somebody has put the idea of carrot cake in my head so that is definitely on the cards in the next few days.
          This is the one I make. She claims low fat, though there's plenty of sugar. I never bother with the frosting. Doesn't need it as it's plenty moist and flavoursome enough.
          https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...st-carrot-cake

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

This is the one I make. She claims low fat, though there's plenty of sugar. I never bother with the frosting. Doesn't need it as it's plenty moist and flavoursome enough.
            https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...st-carrot-cake
            Actually I now make this one with the frosting. I just make one layer, cut it in half and stack it. (Half recipe). My sister in law says it is the best cake she has ever eaten.

https://www.inspiredtaste.net/25753/carrot-cake-recipe/

Comment

^Thanks. Have just had a look. It's a mighty big cake, looking at the ingredients. I'll keep it in mind for if the day ever comes when we can have visitors come and stay.

Comment

Potato floddy last night (I always use breadflour instead of self raising). Topped with warmed beef tom, courgies cooked with garlic and mixed leaf salad.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Tonight I plan making tomato, pesto and mozzarella bake, pork escalopes, potato gratin and either peas or beans which I'll pick later. We'll finish with leftover blackberry and apple crumble that I ended up making yesterday as we didn't have many ripe strawberries. I think I might also give the Basil plants in the greenhouse a haircut and make a batch of pesto to freeze in ice cube trays. Homemade tastes far better than a jar.

Comment

Tonight is baked salmon, corn on the cob with a side salad and blueberries and ice cream.

Comment

Baked avocado pear stuffed with blue cheese and salad. Sounds odd. Tastes yumptious.

Crackers to make the most of the oven being on.

Comment

Baked avocado pear stuffed with blue cheese and salad. Sounds odd. Tastes yumptious.

Crackers to make the most of the oven being on.
                        Does not sound odd!!!

Comment

^Phew. I told someone once I'd be making this and they never quite trusted anything I cooked thereafter.

Comment

^Phew. I told someone once I'd be making this and they never quite trusted anything I cooked thereafter.
                            I'd have been queueing up!

Comment

Tonight scampi, big mixed salad and potato scallops with rose marie sauce. Last of the apple and blackberry crumble for my husband and strawberries for me.

Comment

Salmon pasta salad with baked courgettes with yogourt.
                                Too hot to eat anymore!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X