X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Sausages, Charlotte oven chips and onion and tom gravy with courgettes and garlic dropped in.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    It comes out kind of focaccia height. Bet it'll be good. Really nice with the sesame seeds on top.

In the end, we're going for veggie burgers and salad. Been a busy cake-making day...

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^^ just making that!

Never really made bread before and I was going to surprise OH.
    He actually came back an hour sooner than I was expecting and when I said it didn’t seem to be rising like in the video he explained it’s cos I’d worked it on a marble slab and had left it to rise on top of it too Blinking obvious really…so I’m leaving it to rise longer now and see how it works out.
    I’m really a pastry person as you can tell by my use of a marble slab…ah well, the chooks might like it if it’s not fit for dunking in soup!
    Last edited by Nicos; 30-07-2021, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Now I've got the Khazana book out: onion and saffron roast chicken drumsticks and thighs. This is another really tasty dish. Plus courgette fritters and salad. Overdoing the meat a bit at the moment, but will go for a vegetarian week next week.

Also, a carrot cake for neighbours. And I'd better make a cake for us otherwise I won't hear the last of it from Mr Snoop.

Also yesterday, made barbari bread to have with supper instead of rice. A new one on me and really soft and flavoursome. Will make again. Might be of interest, Bren In Pots? https://www.unicornsinthekitchen.com...#comment-28444

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Thanks Snoop I've had a look at the recipe and I have all the ingredients

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Snoop do you have a recipe or link for Persian-style lamb's liver please.
    The recipe is from Khazana by Saliha Mahmood Ahmed. Oh, I've just spotted on the cover she was the winner of Masterchef in 2017. I don't have a telly and didn't see it. The recipes are fantastic. Not too complicated but really tasty. Here's a link to the recipe in Google Books. She uses chicken livers but I used lamb's liver (can't get chicken livers locally), and I didn't make the garnishes. Really good. Can't think why I don't make it more often. Check out the quail with honey and cardamom recipe two further along. I make this with pieces of chicken breast with the bone still in. Gorgeous, but even better with quail.

https://books.google.es/books?id=Ax8...0liver&f=false

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    A garden veg stir fry this evening along with a few mushrooms.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Quiche from the freezer and french beans.
    Fresh pineapple for pud

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Veggie bake last night with cheddar and feta.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Beef curry with chapati

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Snoop do you have a recipe or link for Persian-style lamb's liver please.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Persian-style lamb's liver. Salad and rice and... courgette koftas. Didn't make them yesterday in the end, just fried up a couple of largish ones and put the chicken in on top to reheat. I'm on the winning side today, though. Gave some away and only have one to pick!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    We did get the salmon and tartare sauce last night, but instead of the planned vegetables we had potato scallops in beer batter and ratatouille type vegetables (to keep on top of the courgettes.)
    I had a few possible plans for a meal tonight but my husband has cajoled and sweet talked his way into us having risotto (his new absolute favourite). It's going to be prawn, pea and, would you believe, courgette risotto.
    It's now officially courgette with everything time of year!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Tuna steaks, charlottes and salad.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Black pudding and caramalised onions on sourdough cobs yesterday - with coleslaw on the side and cucumber bites filled with cottage cheese.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X