X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    My choice tonight. Butter Chicken curry (with courgette thrown in as well) of course. Naan or rice

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Duck breast with homemade yogurt coleslaw and salad in wraps.
    Melon for pud

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Yet more chicken (it was a whopper, from the butcher not a supermarket) with courgette koftas (some of which I'll repurpose tomorrow as courgette 'falafel') and leftover carrots from yesterday.

Have just started another barley loaf. Also need to get mini rondos ready for baking early tomorrow morning for gifts.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Too tired to cook after being in the garden all day.
    So - more steak and ale which was destined for the freezer) with mashed spuds and peas and carrots.
    Fromage frais with blueberries for pud.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Charlottes in a wholegrain mustard vinaigrette, coleslaw, beetroot, smoked mackerel, cucumber bites and hot wax peppers stuffed with cream cheese.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    More of the chicken with carrots cooked with apricots and perhaps some baked toms.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Having looked through the contents of the fridge I think I'll batter some some pork steaks out with the rolling pin and make pork escalopes with new potatoes and ratatouille. Maybe also a side salad as the lettuce, rocket and radish are going mad at the allotment and there will be more cucumbers and maybe a few tomatoes.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 01-08-2021, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Yesterday was our usual Saturday evening Tagliatelle, bol and garlic bread.

This evening Jacket potatoes, chilli with a garden salad, pickles and chutney.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Bulgar last night with assorted lotty veg. Cucumber bites on the side filled variously with smoked salmon, cottage cheese, pesto and black olives.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Tagliatelle with smoked bacon, parmesan, mushrooms, olives, peppers and courgettes (of course) in a creamy white sauce.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Mushroom Risotto

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    homemade Steak and ale pie ( I need to hunt out my pattipan) with jacket spuds and chard.

Not very a very summery meal is it?

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Murgh mussalam and those courgette koftas you mentioned, Bren. Both Madhur Jaffrey recipes. Plus carrots in mustard seeds and Maharajah rice. Anybody who wants afters can have a yogurt. I guess I could lassi it. Now there's a thought.

No cake or bread today!

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Chill, Garlic and herb pasta

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    We were really late back from the care home. I had washed all the salad stuff from the allotment when I brought it home and had garlic bread ready to go in the oven.so that it wouldn't take long to make a meal
    Just as we were ready to sit down and eat my husband said, "I'm really not hungry".
    I had made steak (fillet) in pepper sauce, garlic bread and salad. I was ready to strangle him but when he saw the meal his appetite miraculously came back and he definitely did justice to it (as did I).
    He therefore lives to fight another day.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 30-07-2021, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X