X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Garden veg stir fry, along with a few mushrooms.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    I do love a Cornish fairing. It's the slight fizz that gets me, I normally make a Paul Hollywood version.

Not sure on what tonight will hold, We'd planned on Chilli and Garlic pasta but the dangerous word of "Takeaway" has been murmured...

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^^ yes please!…I love a good ginger biscuit or two or three…..

Lamb steaks with ratatouille and new spuds followed by spiced poached nectarines ( Gordon Ramsey recipe actually for apricots)

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Cornish fairings.....something is dinging in the back of my brain. I have really good memories of them from decades ago. Must look out a recipe.
    Essentially ginger biscuits. In theory not as hard as gingernuts, but today's were tough going. Will share a different recipe tomorrow. Good excuse to have another try...

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Sausages, potato wedges, courgettes cooked with garlic, onion & tomato gravy with parsley. Perfect for a dull, damp evening

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Baked fish with leeks, courgettes and toms. How to kill three veg with one stone!

Also, another pain de mie. The last one looked the part. This one doesn't particularly (didn't rise as high), but smells much nicer. Also Cornish fairings.
    Cornish fairings.....something is dinging in the back of my brain. I have really good memories of them from decades ago. Must look out a recipe.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Baked fish with leeks, courgettes and toms. How to kill three veg with one stone!

Also, another pain de mie. The last one looked the part. This one doesn't particularly (didn't rise as high), but smells much nicer. Also Cornish fairings.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Tonight is going to be salmon baked with lemon and capers, boiled new potatoes, french beans, carrots and homemade tartare sauce.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Tagliatelle, bol, pesto, parmesan and garlic bread.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    Steak, Chips onion rings and peppercorn sauce for me tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Spag Bol tonight - defrosted from the freezer.
    Last edited by Nicos; 20-08-2021, 09:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Last night was prawn, courgette and pea risotto yet again.

I didn't get anything out of the freezer last night or early this morning for tonight, but I've got a twinpack of fillet steak hiding in the fridge so tonight it looks like it's going to be treat night. It's going to be steak with pepper sauce, onion rings in beer batter, tomato, pesto and mozzarella bake, hopefully a handful of Padron peppers and garlic bread.
    We did get the Padron peppers (all still mild). However the battered onion rings changed to courgette fritters as I really don't want them to run away with me and the onions will hopefully keep for months.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Fish stew last night with potato wedges (running late due to workmen finishing off).
    Lunch - cold aubergines, oven roasted with garlic, olive oil and chilli flakes. (Supposed to have had them last night..)
    Tonight chicken in hoisin sauce, stir fried veg (including courgettes) and noodles.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Toasted cheese and pickle sandwiches for lunch. Probably the highlight of the day, foodwise!

Tonight: courgette fritters, tomato salad and coleslaw. I've never grown Golden Acre Primo cabbages before. I think I'll grow two rather than three next year. We're on number two now. They're so dense by the time we've finished the third, it'll be Mr Snoop's birthday (early October).

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Last night was prawn, courgette and pea risotto yet again.

I didn't get anything out of the freezer last night or early this morning for tonight, but I've got a twinpack of fillet steak hiding in the fridge so tonight it looks like it's going to be treat night. It's going to be steak with pepper sauce, onion rings in beer batter, tomato, pesto and mozzarella bake, hopefully a handful of Padron peppers and garlic bread.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X