Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Steak, french beans and our Charlotte spuds
    Blueberry pie for pud

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Well, the frangipane tart didn't get cooked. I made a total mess of the pastry... Just as well I made loads of dough for the pizzas, so no pud required.

Today: off out for lunch. With any luck, all I'll have to 'cook' for supper is a yogurt with a dollop of jam in it.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    OH made focaccia this morning mainly to freeze , but I suggested we make this and have the focaccia with it…..

https://www.recipetineats.com/wprm_print/46957

We made the pasta from scratch too!
    I like the sounds of that Nicos so I've added it to my vine blog.

Toad in the hole for us this evening with roast veg, kale, carrots and peas.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Update on that recipe - slightly less dried herbs- otherwise delish!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    A pseudo-vegetarian, in this case, is someone who won't eat meat till something he likes is on offer.

Edited: Mr Snoop has just nodded in agreement and said it's a fair comment.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-09-2021, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Oh... I bet that's delicious. Got some sausages in the fridge... Got lots of pasta flour... Even got kale. And the pseudo-vegetarian up the valley likes kale, so I reckon I can twist his arm to try this. I reckon it's a go-er. Maybe even invite our Italian friend down again (he's coming for pizza today). Thanks.
    Dare I ask what a pseudo-vegetarian is?

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    A Moroccan stew with squash, cavolo Nero and chickpeas. Had it with couscous. Was delicious.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    OH made focaccia this morning mainly to freeze , but I suggested we make this and have the focaccia with it…..

Oh... I bet that's delicious. Got some sausages in the fridge... Got lots of pasta flour... Even got kale. And the pseudo-vegetarian up the valley likes kale, so I reckon I can twist his arm to try this. I reckon it's a go-er. Maybe even invite our Italian friend down again (he's coming for pizza today). Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Tonight steak with pepper sauce, sweetcorn, Padron peppers, a small green salad, beer battered onion rings and tomato, pesto and mozzarella bake.
    Nearly forgot the garlic bread.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 11-09-2021, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Pizza night with friends.

Fig and frangipane tart for afters.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Last night fish chips and mushy peas this evening our usual Saturday night Tagliatelle, bol, etc. cooked by MrB.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Cajun chicken with red onion, courgettes, garlic, cherry toms and sweet peppers. Cuke and beef tom on the side.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Last night was starters of sweetcorn and a dish of Padron peppers. Chicken and runner bean curry with naan.
    Tonight I don't know yet.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Lunchtime lotty snack of raw sweetcorn and toms.
    Tonight - toasted sourdough open sandwich topped with red onion, garlic, courgettes, DFB's, mozzarella, a sprinkle of grated cheddar, frizzled smoked bacon and warmed sungold halves.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X