Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a dozen courgettes that I'm avoiding looking at. There could have been more but I left them on the plants. I'll regret that tomorrow. So, briam tonight (thanks, Bren) and courgette curry tomorrow (thanks, gf).

Comment

• My courgettes aren't exactly sulking but are still being a bit mean so not enough today for the courgette curry. So as I've got chicken and mushrooms in the fridge and the idea of curry tickling my tastebuds I'm going to have a go at this.
      Chicken, Courgette and Mushroom Curry Recipe - Food.com https://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-...m-curry-160777

We'll have nibbles of massive (but not tough) radishes, cucumber batons, and olives.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 22-07-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• All I can say after eating this curry is : Amazing!!!! I did go a bit on the heavy side with the spices (heaped tsp rather than flat as it didn't seem to have enough Zing). However my husband did say he would be happy to eat it EVERY night.

Comment

• Spag Bol tonight. Now have to work out how to stop my son from looking orange afterwards...
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Flat breads with - carrot sticks, parsley, sesame seeds and lime - red onion and cucumber in vinegar - courgette, french bean and garlic - cherry toms with basil and olive oil - hot wax peppers stuffed with cream cheese - cucumber bites, some filled with pesto and some with anchovies - and olives.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• ^Sounds really lovely, Mr B.
              And thanks for the recommendation, gf. Definitely having that, then.
              Last night we ended up having courgette fritters with a huge salad. Ran out of time for briam. However, we ate two large courgettes, but I picked five more this morning, so briam is a go-er for this weekend. Might make loads and freeze some. What do you reckon, Bren? Would it freeze OK?

Comment

• Veggie chow mein and chips from the take-way for us this evening.

Snoop I've froze Briam a few times and its fine once re-heated. We had some left from yesterday dinner so we're having it at lunch time with salad.

Peteyd don't forget to look for bits of pasta in his hair
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Cajun chicken, sauteed potatoes and coleslaw.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Bifteck hache with mashed spuds and our own green beans.
                    Baklava for pud
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Pasta bake, garlic bread, salad.

Comment

• Bifteck haché - years since I've heard that said. Was it good?

Bren, I'm afraid I still haven't made the briam. The days seemed to run away with me last week. We ended up having veggie burgers and an enormous pile of stir-fried veg.

And Mr Snoop wants curry today. Saturday night curry and a film, he says. So chicken bhuna, maybe the courgette curry mentioned above and rice.

Also, mini rondos, which I haven't made in ages, for gifts and leftovers for us.

Comment

• Our usual Saturday evening meal Tagliatelle, bol, garlic bread, parmesan, pesto and a glass of red.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I really can’t decide at the moment. Just something simple as I had a bit of a ‘funny tummy’ yesterday.
                            I’ll have a look through previous posts on here - always inspirational!

And yes, Snoop, the bifteck hache was delish….lovely and moist!

Comment

• Decision made!....

salmon and broccoli pasta bake followed by rhubarb cake and custard......all defrosted apart from a carton of ready made custard.

Nice and simples.

Comment

• I was half-watching James Martin on TV this morning and he was making risotto. I remembered that months ago I had bought some arborio rice and still had never attempted risotto. After looking at different recipes I decided on prawn, courgette and pea risotto.
                                When I informed my husband what we were having I must say he didn't sound thrilled.
                                WOW! A revelation!!!!. It is now on the list of absolutely favourite meals for both of us.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X