Double Chocolate Cheesecake

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Chocolate Cheesecake

As served at Holly Cottage Lunch on Saturday 2nd Feb.

Recipe taken from THE FRENCH KITCHEN by Joanne Harris & Fran Warde
    (ISBN 0-385-60476-9) an absolutely fabulous cookbook, in my humble opinion.

It's a bit 'faffy' to make, but well worth the effort.

Preparation time: 45 minutes
    Chilling time: minimum 3 hours
    Serves 6

200g chocolate chip cookies, crushed
    half teasp. cinnamon
    100g butter, melted
    100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa type stuff)
    1 tblsp. Tia Maria liqueur (or Kahlua)
    100g white chocolate
    1 vanilla pod
    225ml creme fraiche
    75g unrefined demerarararara sugar
    225ml double cweam (!)

Now there's a bit of 'multi-tasking' going on here girls & boys..... and it goes like this:

1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir in the chocky chip cookie crumbs & cinnamon, and combine well. Tip into a 22cm push-up-bottom (not an instruction!) TIN. Spread the mixture evenly with the back of a spoon and 'tamp down' a little to compact it, then chill it in the fridge until set.

2. Melt the dark chocolate in one bowl, and stir in the Tia or Kahlua.

3. Grate the white chocolate into another bowl, and stir the seeds of the vanilla pod into it.

4. Beat together the creme fraiche and demerara sugar until blended, then add the double cream and mix until smooth.

5. Divide the mixture into 2 bowls: Add the melted dark chocolate and Olcohol to the mixed creams in one bowl, and add the grated white chocolate and vanilla seeds to the other. (Are you still following?!)

Spoon the two chocolate mixtures on to the chilled biscuit base, and lightly mix with a fork to obtain a marbled effect.

Chill for minimum of 3 hours before serving.

Slide a knife round the inside edge of the tin to release it a little, push up bottom from underneath (mmm.... same applies) and Bob's Your Aunty.

Et Voila! and don't blame me for the extra weight you put on!!
    Last edited by wellie; 06-02-2008, 04:31 PM.

Wow-wow-wow!! That's going in my file right now... hopefully into the oven at the weekend... that looks fabulous wellie, even if I am on a diet!!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I hope it's YOU going into the oven Birdie Wife (!) because if you put the chocky cheesecake in, you'll ruin your oven.....

Now - say after Wellie: "I'm going to read Wellie's recipe again, and much more slowly this time..."

I shall wait with baited breath MOM until you get back to me in a couple of minutes, when you'll post up DOH!
      X

Comment

Wow!!! sounds amazing, I just put on half a stone reading that recipe!!!
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Oh yes! Double chocolate ANYTHING is fab. (except soup maybe?)
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
            I hope it's YOU going into the oven Birdie Wife (!) because if you put the chocky cheesecake in, you'll ruin your oven.....

Now - say after Wellie: "I'm going to read Wellie's recipe again, and much more slowly this time..."

I shall wait with baited breath MOM until you get back to me in a couple of minutes, when you'll post up DOH!
            X

note to self: less haste more speed. Or something like that anyway. I think I read as far as the ingredients and fell on the floor in anticipation...
            Last edited by Birdie Wife; 07-02-2008, 10:23 AM.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Oh yummmmmmmm - diet, what diet?? That starts AFTER the weekend, AFTER the choccheesecakethingy!
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Now if I'd seen that before the disastrous atetmpt at chocolate tart at the weekend, I'd have been flying. (I resorted to an emergency shop-bought coffee cake in the cupboard in the end - luckily PIL laughed when they realised that the toddler was "helping" again and had turned off the oven.....and beef was a much better meat than my usual chicken to have such a disaster befell it!!).

I am going to keep this in reserve for the next time they come visiting and the toddler can then "help" all she wants!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X