No announcement yet.

Spiced Banana Loaf

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, Shortie - what flavour is the Munch Bunch Yoggy? You're reminding me of that Letisha (sp?) woman in The Vicar of Dibley now! Not Tripe & Onion flavour by any chance?! Enjoy your day!

Comment

Lol! Maybe I am the Letisha of the 'vine

I used all plain flour as I had no wholemeal, and used two apricot and one strawberry youghurt, lol! Oh, and I had no muscavado sugar so used light brown

I think I'll have to try it again with the proper ingredients as it was lovely but a bit 'mild' in flavour! Ooopsie me
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

How very inventive you are Shortie! But hey, mild in flavour is no negative, Wellie said positively. Sometimes a flavour needs to be savoured calmly, me thinks, especially at breakfast-time, or mid-afternoon-tea-time, or it would be completely lost..... and Nanas are very much a food in that category for me.

Did you manage NOT to go out today?!
        (Last Hit by the way..........!)

Comment

I had my last piece toasted tonight. It was very nice.

Like you Shortie I just used white flour and demerara sugar. So off to get the rest of the RIGHT ingredients for next weeks cake!
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Yup Jennie, agree with that one too

I'm a lover of strong spice flavours so definately want to pep it up next time (last hit btw Wellie) and managed to stay in until about 4pm and caught up with 3 days worth of Flylady to boot, yaaay!
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Ooh! I could use bananana yog next time then.....!

Comment

Didn;t know you could get banana yogurt! Not made its way up here yet .
                ~
                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Jennie,
                  Don't be fooled by these people... Munch Bunch is NOT the way to go!
                  X

Comment

True Wellie. I haven't tried your recipe (yet) but I do have one or two recipes with natural yog - a lemon yog cake is the fave. The nat yog adds an acidity to the mix which you seriously do not get with a fruit/sweetened yog. DO WHAT THE LADY SAYS BUY A NATURAL!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ooh, is the Lemon Yoggy Cake nice Flum? I'd like to try that one please!

Comment

Very moist and yummy Wellie - will dig it out later.
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Made your spiced banana cake last night Wellie, Mmmm

Even KK had some without being prompted - My cake making skills are not legendary, well, they are but for all the wrong reasons but this one was really good - and very easy to make too.

Thanks for posting the recipe here luvvie.
                          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

You see I think cake-making is as homely as wine-making Clare! Glad you both enjoyed it...
                            X

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X