No announcement yet.

Spiced Banana Loaf

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

second attempt is in the oven. 3 banannas this time and extra tablespoon of yog plus 2 chopped dates. iv got to rush out so put it in at 180c, its risen quite alot now so we'll see how this one turns out.

Comment

second batch has better consistency but still pretty tasteless..

Comment

Oh I'm sorry you didn't much care for it leona...

I had two slices toasted for my brekkie this morning, really moist, and melted butter dribbling off the corners and down my arm.... GORGEOUS it were!

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
          Oh I'm sorry you didn't much care for it leona...

I had two slices toasted for my brekkie this morning, really moist, and melted butter dribbling off the corners and down my arm.... GORGEOUS it were!
          No! You shouldn't be allowed to post that! It sounds far too delicious, and I wont be making any till the weekend...

Comment

Got my banannas and yogurt today, so hopefully going to make it tomorrow evening. Will any be left by the weekend I wonder? Got visitors, so may have to make another one.
            ~
            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hazel sweetart, you should know me by now? I do it to you on very purpose.....!

Jennie, have breakfast, go to the shops, buy 4 more ripe bananas, more yogurt, and make three loaves. I did, there's only me eating it, and there's not much left? It's seriously moorish...
              But unless you absolutely adore strong cinnamon & nutmeg, I'd still recommend halving the quantities of them in the recipe.
              Let me know what your guests thought of it after the weekend!!

Comment

My first loaf just cooling on the rack as I type. Lovely smell! Hoping to have a piece in about half an hour. Can;t wait

I may have underdone the nutmeg sadly, as my little nutmeg grinder gave up the ghost while I was busy grinding the nutmeg into the bowl, and the bottom half, plus nutmeg, fell into the bowl (quite spectacularly for its final dive) and basically splodged flour, cinnamen and the nutmeg already ground everywhere! Jennie said a rude word.
                Last edited by JennieAtkinson; 29-11-2007, 07:56 PM.
                ~
                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
                  Jennie said a rude word.
                  Jennie, wash your mouth out with soap young lady!

I'm planning on having a go this weekend. Yuuuummmmmm
                  Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Ooh! What rude word was it?

Comment

Well at the moment its just YUM YUM YUM!

Cor Wellie that was delicious. My husband and I have just finished stuffing our faces for a second time!

Tell me though - is bicarbonate of soda the same thing as sodium bicarbonate? I felt my loaf might have been a bit heavy and it wasn't quite as "gooey" as I thought it might be. The batter mix was quite stiff - it didn't sort of "pour" into the tin. So perhaps I didn't have enough runny ingredients. Although I did weigh everything out. My yoghurt was very thick, not the runny sort, which might have made a difference of course. But these are just minor details !!!!! The recipe is now stuck in both our home cookbook and the one we use on the boat.

Thank you Wellie!
                      ~
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Looks yum - will have to get wholemeal flour when I do my restock of the larder this weekend. I can go baking again!!! And as I have to test out the new cooker, that may mean a lot of baking and roasting to make sure I have the temps right....this week's cunning plan...

Comment

Yep, bicarb, sodium bicarbonate, bicarbonate of soda - all the same.
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

YUM! This is very good!

Texture is spot on - just right for me, but it's not like a malt loaf sticky bread. It could have had a more pronounced bananana taste - what would happen if I put another one in do you reckon?

It's also the easiest thing in the world to make.

Thank you for posting the recipe up, hon.

Comment

Hazel, I'd love to tell you that putting another Nana in it would be just perfect, but I suspect that it would alter the consistency somewhat, and it wouldn't add to the taste, necessarily, but I may well be dead wrong, so leona would be the right person to ask.

Comment

Wellie - Last Hit!!!

Righto, my first day where I plan to manage to stay in all day so other than cleaning the massive mess that is my house, I feel a duty to myself.. oops sorry, everyone to make this yummy sounding cake. Though I may need to substitue the nat. youghurt for munch buncch youghurt as I'm out of the natural stuff and am determined not to go out today
                                Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X