Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The leftovers from Christmas have now been mostly eaten or frozen for future use so tonight steak in pepper sauce with beer battered onion rings, avocado (yellow sticker), and tomato salad (very last of my tomatoes that have slowly ripened on the lounge windowsill), homemade coleslaw made with some leftover uncooked sprouts from Christmas and garlic bread.
    Last of the trifle for afters.

Comment

• Ham, mushroom and creamy leek pasta
      Fresh fruit for pud.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Italian friend round for lunch today, so no surprises: pizza.

Got a free range chicken with, yes, a yellow sticker. So that needs cooking today, even if we don't eat much of it.

Comment

• Entertaining tonight, so having a go at leek and mushroom quiche. Flan case came out of the tin in bits, so it’s fruit salad rather than raspberry flan for afters!

Comment

• Chicken curry with lots of added veg and rice.
            Cheese and a glass of red.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I picked a leek and some red and yellow beetroot and had a bag of free carrots and some yellow sticker baby mushrooms and some shrivelled ginger I've being trying to propagate.

Result = Carrots and beetroot cooked slowly in butter until tender and all the carrots had turned pink
              and, sliced mushrooms and leek with ginger slivers.

The beetroot and carrot tops are in water to let them sprout for fresh greens and the leek base will be planted tomorrow to regrow.

The carrots and beetroot trimmings will be the chook's treat tomorrow.
              No waste in this house.
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-12-2019, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Cheese and crackers and a ton of pickled onions with a lovely cold glass of white! Blumming lovely!

Comment

• Yesterday was pasta, bol and garlic bread, this evening jacket potatoes, with courgette fritters with salad.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Too full of pizza at lunch for supper yesterday. So it's chicken tonight. With a great pile of greens - broccoli and cabbage. Don't know why but my broccoli heads this year are whoppers. And the cabbages are a ridiculous size. We eat a lot of cabbage but they're so big they're intimidating.

Need to make some more bread today too.

Comment

• Friends coming over tonight so we're making Jamaican goat curry, jerk chicken, peas and rice , salad, followed by mango and ice-cream.
                      Last edited by Nicos; 29-12-2019, 02:03 PM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Baked gammon, roast parsnips, potatoes dauphinoise, carrots, sprouts and mustard sauce.

Trifle.

I was actually nearly fancying roast chicken today so it might appear on the menu again soon. (I haven't cooked it for a long time since I got food poisoning ).

Comment

• Something simple tonight, probably veggie risotto.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Peanut fryup with leftover carrots and beetroot cooked together until pink

The Fryup was some leftover mashed potato, carrot and swede with a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter mixed in.
                            I'm running out of leftovers to use up, although there's still some lentil and leftover mash "soup" for lunch. It'll be the 4th day for that and there's more in the freezer.

Comment

• Last night in Fuerteventura so we hit the local steakhouse Fado Rock, I had a beautiful beef carpaccio followed by wild boar cooked on the lava rocks at the table, wife had Canarian potatoes with mojo sauces, followed by chicken Maryland and she gave me her pineapple fritter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC31F816-E2E9-4153-90BD-43C9D817EDB4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	538.3 KB
ID:	2385906

Click image for larger version

Name:	605FDA04-C86A-485F-8C1C-A83D8C9091FE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	2385907

Comment

• Show-off