X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

It was, and still a bit left. I think I'll batch bake some pasta bake today as the weather does not look promising. We'll have it with salad and a bit of garlic bread.
    Batch baking didn't happen. We had pork escalope with a creamy sage sauce, new potatoes, carrots and french beans. My husband had the last of the lemon meringue pie.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Yesterday didn't go according to plan. D had a fall and needed cheering up, so we had the tagine yesterday instead of today. Flapjack with Greek yogurt and a swirl of Golden Syrup for an improvised pud. Good enough to have on another occasion though.
    So today:

Lunch: Niçoise salad.
    Supper. fish and veg.

Sourdough loaf and rondos that didn't get made yesterday (or the day before).

Will just have to make lemon meringue pie soon. Bet yours was delicious, greenishfing.
    It was, and still a bit left. I think I'll batch bake some pasta bake today as the weather does not look promising. We'll have it with salad and a bit of garlic bread.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Yesterday didn't go according to plan. D had a fall and needed cheering up, so we had the tagine yesterday instead of today. Flapjack with Greek yogurt and a swirl of Golden Syrup for an improvised pud. Good enough to have on another occasion though.
    So today:

Lunch: Niçoise salad.
    Supper. fish and veg.

Sourdough loaf and rondos that didn't get made yesterday (or the day before).

Will just have to make lemon meringue pie soon. Bet yours was delicious, greenishfing.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Salmon baked with lemon and capers, potato gratin, carrots, peas and cucumber in rosemarie sauce. The cucumber was grown by another allotmenteer and thinly sliced on the mandolin and the rose marie sauce was leftover from the prawn salad 2 days ago.
    There is lemon meringue pie left over from yesterday but neither of us hove got room for it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Daughter is cooking up a stir-fry.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Tuna steaks marinated in soy sauce, ginger, garlic and last years frozen chilli with pasta and frozen green beans and telephone peas.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    OK Snoop... you had me at 'tagine'

just found a couple of recipes for chicken apricot almond and chickpea tagine.
    Will do a sort of mixture of both ....mmmm.....

Fresh peaches for pud.

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post

Wow, that's early, mine are nowhere near yet. Well done you
    I was so lucky to get away with it! Sowed in modules far too early by mistake; when they were getting too big for the window sill they had to go out over a month earlier than usual. When the cold frame eventually came off they were huge and had such a headstart.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Originally posted by MelanieSW View Post
    Lunch will be the first cob of sweet corn
    Wow, that's early, mine are nowhere near yet. Well done you

Yesterday, lunch borlotti hummus and crackers (that's the last of last year's borlottis). Evening, veggie curry, lentil dhal, shredded radicchio and chapattis.

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    Lunch will be the first cob of sweet corn

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Lunch: hummus and salad, watermelon granita
    Supper: hake and veg

Chicken and apricot tagine for tomorrow plus sourdough loaf and rondos I didn't make yesterday (though I did make the olive oil bread and flapjacks).

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I let my husband decide what we were having tonight. His choice was king drawn curry and naan bread ( no surprise).
    I decided to surprise him with pudding......must have got the idea from somewhere......Lemon meringue pie.....another of his favourites.
    I am now immovable!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Left over BBQ -I do so love left overs!!!!!
    peaches and our own raspberries with ice cream for pud.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Jacket potatoes, meatballs and mixed beans.

Snoop we had oatcakes yesterday with bacon, egg and mushrooms.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 13-07-2020, 08:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Brunch: all-day breakfast with Bren's Staffordshire oatcakes from out the freezer so next to no effort apart from the washing-up.
    Supper: 'roast' chicken in the pressure cooker with a load of veg.

Sourdough loaf, olive oil loaves for freezer plus ginger flapjacks.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X