• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leek, Parsnip & Ginger soup

taken from 'Healthy Heart Cookbook' , H.Middleton

serves 4-6

2 tbsp oil
    8 oz leeks, sliced
    1 oz fresh ginger, finely chopped (or half tsp ground)
    24 oz parsnips, chopped
    half pint dry white wine/cider
    2 pts stock/water

heat oil, cook leeks and ginger gently until leeks soften. Add parsnips, cook for a further 10 mins until soft. Add wine and stock, bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 20 mins or so. Blend until smooth. Season to taste, garnish with paprika or yogurt if liked (or cream if you're not 'healthy')
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Have you tried it Two Sheds? Sounds good. Not too sure that the wine/cider is particularly healthy.

Comment

this sounds fab, I'm always on the lookout for soups that are a bit more interesting! will try over the weekend - sounds yummy!
      "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

made this soup...and put it into freezer cups to take to work as and when I needed! Took one in yesterday, was looking forward to it....ended up going to a meeting a short notice over lunch...so gave to a colleague, who devoured it! she said "very very lovely soup"! maybe I'll manage to get time to eat some tomorrow!
        "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X