Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 So far this year I have preserved.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 jars of Louisiana hot sauce.

Comment

2 jars of pineapple and chilli chutney

Comment

I'm on a roll today.
        2 jars of evil chilli chutney. It lives up to its name!

Comment

10 jars of chilli powder
          2 jars of ******* hot chilli powder ( mostly Naga's with a couple of ghosts & scorpions chucked in for good measure)

And in the middle of making a batch of chipotles. Just come out the smoker about to go in the dehydrator.

Comment

1 large jar of chilli lime sauce
            2 jars of super hot naga sauce

Comment

2 jars of Caribbean hot sauce

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                And in the middle of making a batch of chipotles. Just come out the smoker about to go in the dehydrator.
                I would like to do this so if you wouldn't mind popping up a quick set of instructions that would be lovely. Please. And thank you.
                Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I made 11 jars of "Hellfire" chutney using Elysium Oxide chilli. It was quite hot when I bottled it but it has since mellowed so much that "hellfire" is over egging the pudding a bit. It's nice though. Plus 7 jars of beetroot and ginger chutney using the Crapaudine beetroot (which I got a decent crop of in the end, still a bit more to use). Also seems to have worked rather well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chutneys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	2381829
                  At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
                    I would like to do this so if you wouldn't mind popping up a quick set of instructions that would be lovely. Please. And thank you.
                    All I did was cut ripe jalapeños in half lengthwise ( leaving a short stalk on ) put them on racks in my cold smoker for 9 hours. Then put them in the dehydrator on high temp for 24 hours.
                    Next time I'd reduce the time or temp in the dehydrator. Think I over dried them. My first time trying it.
                    The smell of smoked chillies filled the whole house, while they were drying. I liked it but it's not going to impress everyone.
                    I used this book. I can recommend it. Been doing lot of recipes from it recently.
                    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooking-Chi...oking+chillies

Comment

Thank you. I wasn't sure if chipotle meant the type of chilli or the smoking process. Is the cold smoker a DIY build or purchased thingy please? I have a dehydrator.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
                        Thank you. I wasn't sure if chipotle meant the type of chilli or the smoking process. Is the cold smoker a DIY build or purchased thingy please? I have a dehydrator.
                        Chipotle can be the name given to any smoked pepper but usually it's a ripe jalapeño.
                        I use this smoker
                        https://www.proqsmokers.com/cold-smokers
                        In an old upside down fridge. It's upside down so the smoke generator sits in the little freezer compartment with the little door removed. Then nothing you're smoking can drip on the generator and put it out. You could just use a cardboard box. That website sells cardboard housing for it. Pretty simple to copy if you have a look at theres.
                        Last edited by Small pumpkin; 20-12-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks SP. Something I definitely need to look into.

Comment

2019 thread at https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ved_98395.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X