No announcement yet.

Festive pickles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the pineapple and jalapeno pickled eggs this evening. I'll give it a week, give them a try, and if I like, I will do a few more jars and hope the family like.

Bought some largish preserving jars from Poundland with coloured tops big enough for six eggs. Put the lid on the pickles, wired it down and turned jar upside down to mix ingredients. Pickle juice ran out! I'm sure preserving jars are supposed to seal the lid?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The pineapple,Jalapeno pickled eggs are a big improvement on normal pickled eggs and I will be making another half a dozen for myself as I have eaten the last lot already.

They taste wonderful!

Alas, i will not be giving any to the in-laws in their hamper as they look disgusting!
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Alas, i will not be giving any to the in-laws in their hamper as they look disgusting!
        My imagination asks - why did you put the in-laws in their hamper - no wonder they look disgusting!

If they knew that you weren't giving them a jar of yellow/bloodshot eyeballs they'd probably be quite relieved.

Seriously, how many hampers are you making this year? Baskets, trugs, boxes???
        We'll need photos

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          My imagination asks - why did you put the in-laws in their hamper - no wonder they look disgusting!

If they knew that you weren't giving them a jar of yellow/bloodshot eyeballs they'd probably be quite relieved.

Seriously, how many hampers are you making this year? Baskets, trugs, boxes???
          We'll need photos
          Wicker boxes VC.

Just the four as usual. They won't have a lot of my own produce in them this year as I never label the jars normally and take pot luck when i open them for myself. Makes for some interesting meals and sarnies tho!

They all liked the non alcoholic ginger wine i made for them last year so that's a must.

I need to do a bit of shopping for unusual items.

This year instead of giving them allt he same I will 'Theme' them to the recipients likes..............hopefully!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger and VC. Do you know the difference between in-laws and outlaws? Outlaws are wanted!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X