Gravy

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravy

I froze some left over gravy last Sunday, then used it as a base for my gravy this Sunday just gone....'twas gorgeous

There was abit left this week so I've froze it again for next week....

But I was thinking today should I be freezing something that's been frozen previously? I added more to this weeks but part of it had been frozen from the week before?

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

So long as its been well cooked in-between freezing I can't see why not but the NHS site says only to re heat once so it might be best to have a read then decide for yourself :-

How to store food safely - Live Well - NHS Choices
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hmm I did suspect it should only be frozen once, I think I'll perhaps start afresh this week, thanks Bren

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Personally I'd not worry in the slightest if I was eating it myself but if you are feeding any body with any health issues then perhaps not, just in case and all that.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I'd also eat it, but cook it well and don't re freeze anything left
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

When I was growing up in the late 40s and early fifties, my mum and granny always had a stock pot on the go. We didn't have freezers or fridges and meat was expensive or still on ration so nowt got chucked away and everything went into the stock pot.
            A stew (made from the remains of the Sunday roast) could last for 3 or 4 dinners... without refrigeration. I learnt a lot about food way back then and would have no problem with refreezing gravy and often have use it more the once, often in soup.
            Roger
            Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Rosee View Post
              Hmm I did suspect it should only be frozen once, I think I'll perhaps start afresh this week, thanks Bren
              It's not the number of times that something has been frozen that is the issue, it's what happened to it between being frozen and refrozen . . . if you took a chicken breast and froze and then thawed it to +1 C then froze it and thawed it to +1C . . . repeatedly 20 times I would still eat it as it has never gone above +1C since it was first frozen.

If your gravy has gone from frozen to cooked in a short period of time and again from cooked back to frozen in a short period of time (less than 30 mins) then I would eat it . . . as ever it's your risk to take, if you are not comfortable do you want to take the risk ?

Personally I would understand the process going on and evaluate the risk.
              My allotment in pictures

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X