Patty pan chutney

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty pan chutney

I have so many of these,really having a problem using them up, wondered if anyone had used them to make chutney? I'm assuming they would work like courgette/marrow chutney? Lots of onion, garlic, apples and tomatoes, and spices to give flavour? What do you think? Worth a try I suppose ?

They are green button variety

DottyR

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
    Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 10-10-2013, 09:39 PM.
    DottyR

Yeah, I'd try that. I have a few jars of cougette chutney, haven't opened any yet so don't know what they taste like, never tried it before.
    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dotty I've found a couple of nice recipes :-

Spiced Green Patty Pan Chutney recipe | not just greenfingers

Can Jam: Pattypan Pickles |
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
        I'm assuming they would work like courgette/marrow chutney?
        patty pans ARE a courgette, really. They're both summer (ie thin-skinned) squashes
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You can make chutney with pretty much and fruit or veg. Mine contain whatever I have most of in any given year, makes some great glutneys

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks, that's my day planned then!

Off to Tesco to get supplies of vinegar n whatever other ingredients they have on offer. Things usually work out ok, I also have a surplus supply of green chillies, they'll get thrown in also!

And of course, another veggie curry.

DottyR

DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              This looks good, you know I searched for ages looking for something like this, but didn't come across this site.

Ta

DottyR

Comment

Made the chutney,with a few variations, tastes super, house. Smells lovely as well, good for such a horrible rainy day/night.

Still have some left, mmmmmmmm maybe fried with bacon for breakfast !

DottyR

Comment

has anyone tried it sweet for afters,i experimented with aubergine a few years ago,lightly cooked in the fry pan,serve sprinked with a sugar maybe cinamon,keep meaning to try it with a firm squash like a butternut /patty pan,
                  cut into either slices or chunks,start of the the microwave,sprinkle with the sugar,then either grill or oven,serve with cream/ice cream ext,wipes chin with a tissue,now i just have to do this tomoz,it should be also ok cold,no different to a tin or pan off home stewed fruit,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I sometimes oven roast chunks of pumpkin, tossed in oil and sprinkled with ginger and brown sugar

Comment

Just found this; recommend the recipe by pam the jam from river cottage, for spice courgette chutney
                      Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X