help with curd recipes....what do they taste like

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with curd recipes....what do they taste like

I have made lemon curd and orange curd and i love the taste having the biggest sweet tooth ever
    I am trying to make a few different curds for xmas pressies
    Has anyone made passionfruit curd or banana curd or strawberry curd? These are the 3 i quite fancy trying next but im not sure how they would go down, would they taste ok?
    Also can i sieve the passion fruit so i dont have the seeds in it?
    Thank you from one very novice cook....but one who is loving having a go...lol

I have only made raspberry curd (recipe from GYO magazine). Was delish. But it doesn;t keep long so no good for pressies!
    Was easy and I luuuurve it on my scone in the morning!

Comment

thanks i was thinking of raspberry curd
      How long do curd make once they are made and sealed in jars?

Comment

how long does it last unopened? Not sure
        I didn't seal my jars just did up as tight as I could and kept in cool cubboard, but some had mould on within 6 weeks. The ones in the fridge are still fine though, about 9 weeks on.

Comment

okay thanks i will make some at the weekend and see what happens

Comment

Mine (2 batches) took longer than the recipe said for before it set.

Comment

I made some raspberry curd last year and opened it a couple of weeks ago and it was fine, it was in a sealed jar

Comment

oh brilliant thanks paul w....was hoping to do the banana and strawberry curd this weekend for xmas...thats good yours is ok....knowing my dad it wont las till new year...lol...might even try the raspberry curd one too
                thanks janeyo

Comment

And anyway jam is like cheese you just take off the mould and away you go again.

Comment

lol you sound like my dad.....and yes he takes the mould off the cheese then eats it too..lol

Comment

He must have gone to the same school of life as my mother.LOL

Comment

Raspberry curd is FAB, as is bramble curd. I made passionfruit curd once when passion fruit were massively reduced and it did taste wonderful but normally it's too expensive to make because of the number of fruit needed. I think my boyfriend considers mould a protective coating too!

Comment

well once i get more jars im doing lemon and lime curd and strawberry curd
                          i love homemade lemon curd ive just had it on some ice cream very yummy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X