Passata-maker/tomato machine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passata-maker/tomato machine

I've just bought myself a tomato machine thing (called Il Passatutto Master) from a charity shop. I can see how it would be used for passata (looks like I'll have to dedicate an entire still-hypothetical polytunnel to toms!) but I was wondering how else I can put it to use. Does anyone else have one? Broaden my fruit-squashing horizons, please!

Hello? I'm feeling lost and lonely not having a single reply to my message. Did I do something wrong or was it just a really dull question?

Comment

Perhaps people were busy last night?

I don't know, sorry. Some of the more hands on equipmentty types are probably harvesting and processing like crazy....so they might be along later with some help.

Could you post a link to your item, so that people can see what you are wondering about?

Comment

I've never used mine for anything except tomatoes, and I haven't even bothered doing those this year as my passata machine is a very messy affair which doesn't stay stuck to the bench
        I suppose, in theory, they could be used for anything else with skins and biggish pips - gooseberries?

Comment

Thank you. Feeling cheerier now . I'm a long way from home (usually on Skye, currently in East Yorkshire) and a long way from my veg plot so just looking for something to cheer my day. Pathetic but true! Maybe I'll try rolling a few brambles through the machine for curd. I'm not averse to a bit of foody mess... (Oh and I'm not sure how to do links on here; can't even manage quotes...)
          Last edited by Nelly; 05-09-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X