Sweetcorn.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetcorn.

I realise that I am getting in front of myself but my sweetcorn plants are looking incredibly healthy at the moment. I usually get lots. I would like to freeze some (off the cob to take less space). What is the best way to do it? Cook it ? Leave it raw? And then the best way to cook/reheat when ready to use?

I've never done it, but the consensus on 'tinernet is to blanch it for a couple of minutes when it's fresh, then either strip the kernals or just bag the lot and freeze. Cooking seems to be the same as you would fresh, no need to thaw it out, hope this is of use.

Comment

Thanks. I have frozen whole cobs before without blanching but the whole cobs just take up too much freezer space.

Comment

I've done the blanching then stripping the kernels thing a couple of years ago when I had a good harvest. It worked really well, it was great to be able to get the odd handful out of the freezer.

Comment

We've settled on no blanching. Run a knife along the Ear to remove the kernals. Then place on a baking tray to freeze. Once frozen gather them up into a freezer bag for bulk storage, that way you aren't presented with big frozen block when you just want two portions.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X