Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chengjing
    replied
    Thanks for the recipe, just wondering what to do with so many marrows and tomatoes.

Leave a comment:

• Alison
    replied
    If I remember right it made far more than I was expecting - was giving tonnes of it away last Christmas

Leave a comment:

• tlck9
    replied
    wondered if anyone could help a newbie, how many jars would something like this recipe make?

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    I have an adaptation bubbling away right now ... with pumpkin substituting some of the courgette
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 14-09-2009, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HeyWayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Will be making an adaptation of it next weekend, it's really nice and soooooooooo easy!
    I concur - last year I was a bit neurotic about the measurements and amounts of each. This year I've been a little more relaxed about it.
    Last edited by HeyWayne; 14-09-2009, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alison
    replied
    Will be making an adaptation of it next weekend, it's really nice and soooooooooo easy!

Leave a comment:

• mrdinkle
    replied
    I made this the other week and although I have not opened a jar yet, it did taste fab when it was warm.

Leave a comment:

• HeyWayne
    replied
    Made another load yesterday, doubled up the recipe again as my courgettes each weighed about 2 kilos. Trouble is, as per last year I run out of pan space after a while. Must invest in bigger pans for next year...

Takes an age to chop everything too - might try using the food processor next year too.

Please remind me to re-read this thread next year.

Leave a comment:

• amandaandherveg
    replied
    I was pulling out the ingredients to make this when my neighbour called by. She said she had a big courgette and did I want it - Gee whizz, it was 2 kilos. Still got the rest of it plus all mine to do something with.

It's almost finished reducing, tastes really good, will taste amazing when allowed to mature. Great recipe.

Leave a comment:

• Twinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
    made mine today & its lovely....DD has asked for it on her sandwiches tomorrowtold her it needed to mature and she was having none of it...cant wait to see what its like when it has matured (if theres any left)
    we've been eating the spare bit that wouldn't fit into a jar.... all of us had cheese & chutney sarnies for lunch.

I think this may be a favourite recipe for going into the Twinkle family Christmas hampers too.

Leave a comment:

• moggssue
    replied
    Brilliant! Thank you for that. I was wondering what to do with all the marrows i grew on my courgette plants while I was away - now I know!! Cant wait to give it a go ...

Leave a comment:

• amandaandherveg
    replied
    Oh excellent. I have filled one cupboard with jams, marmalades, chutneys, etc and am now on cupboard no 2 - this is getting out of hand, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Mum
    replied
    thats what i used amanda.....didnt read the recipie properly till i read your post...oooppps
    anyway it tastes fine

please will you post your sweetcorn relish recipe, thanks x
    Last edited by Hans Mum; 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• amandaandherveg
    replied
    I made a big batch of sweetcorn relish today, smells pretty wild at the moment but after a few weeks it shoud be good.

Do you think the courgette chutney would be ok with distilled malt vinegar (the clear stuff) as I have a few bottles of that in the cupboard but no white wine vinegar left.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Mum
    replied
    made mine today & its lovely....DD has asked for it on her sandwiches tomorrowtold her it needed to mature and she was having none of it...cant wait to see what its like when it has matured (if theres any left)

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X