Freezing roast pork

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing roast pork

Can it be done successfully? In slices or as a single piece? I have no gravy left, in case that's an issue for keeping it moist. Don't suppose bisto would cut it!
    Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

I tend to freeze it in slices with gravy.

Can you make a leek or onion sauce or something moist to freeze it with??
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Comment

Onion gravy is a possibility. Thanks for the advice, Nicos.
      Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

Comment

I have used weak Bisto in the past, and it does work to keep the meat moist, even if you make a 'better' gravy or sauce for serving - once you've reheated it

Comment

^That would save some time in the short term, meaning it's more likely to get done. Thanks, TS.

Comment

That is a catering trick. Cook off the roast. Allow to cool and then slice thinly. Cover with gravy. Reheat and you will server 10 to 20% more.

Comment

^Worth knowing, 4Shoes. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X