Elderflower alert folks!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
    Home brew shops should have everything you need, if you have one of those locally. Or online
    My champagne has been going since Saturday, and no sign of fermentation. I will need to add yeast I think
    Hi Sarris, you should always use a good yeast otherwise the wild yeasts you rely on can often produce off flavours, fail to settle into a firm lees, stay cloudy and fail to finish fermenting leaving you with a very sweet wine.

David

Comment

if you like lemons/citric flavor have you tried adding more lemon juice ? i also take the skins off the lemons and add that too ,you really dont need to go and buy loads of fancy stuff in my experiance but each to their own ,gl ,cheers

also most wilkos have a homebrew department ,always worth a look in
      Last edited by the big lebowski; 06-06-2018, 09:33 AM.
      The Dude abides.

Comment

I just suddenly thought, "Hang on, Wilkos..." just before I read that, Big L. There's one a five minute leafy walk from this Thursday's office. Excellent.

Comment

heres what your looking for

http://https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/w...-50g/p/0022652

cheers
          The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by mysteryduck View Post
            Reading this thread gives me an idea. I’m guessing elderflower is a plant you forage rather than grow in your garden? In which case, would sewing a few seeds here and there (like the birds do) be out of the question / legal? Maybe in a park, a woodland, or next to a derelict building? Then you wouldn’t have to be sad..
            when growing elderflower in a hedge, grow in in clumps or it will takeover. Best idea is a clump at the end of a corner of the hedge. That way you can easily manage the growth.

Comment

I'm going to pick elderflowers today to make cordial,I make it every year.I'm going to try freezing it like someone suggested.We can't get citric acid up here,the chemist says it's used to make drugs so nowhere stocks it.I asked my mum to send some up from the north east a few years ago,her chemist thought it was hilarious that we can't buy it up here.

Comment

I got citric acid in Wilkos....

Ours is made and frozen the spare. Even Husband likes it!

Comment

Made two lots - one bottle in freezer - gave three bottles away - we were in the forest this morning - all the elderflowers have turned brown so no good!

Comment

Five gallons of elderflower wine finished and has sat for three weeks. I decanted a bottle yesterday and “Wow”. I hope there is some left by winter as a reminder of spring.

David

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X