X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sounds difficult
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

ha ha the hardest part would be not drinking it
      The Dude abides.

Comment

Love the sound of these..well apart from whisky ,can't stand that
        Northern England.

Comment

ha ha well what are you growing and what do you like ? chances are we can make a good drink out of it
          The Dude abides.

Comment

Just made Blackberry Vodka as per Scarlet's recipe on page 1, going to shake every day until sugar is dissolved and I think Christmas Eve would be a nice time to open one.

Hope it looks OK Scarlet?

Attached Files

Comment

Just spotted this and thought I'd put in my two pen'orth. I've been making chilli vodka for my son for years, but I don't de-seed or chop up the chilli. I leave them whole, even with a little stalk because they look so pretty, but the trick is to prick them all over with a fine pin. I've never tasted it, but my son and his friends love it!
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

That sounds lovely FF .. Bet it looks good in the bottles, too...?
                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Just a quick question to those who've made chilli or blackcurrant variants before. Can you keep in the freezer or do they need to be kept at room temperature for the flavours to dissipate into the vodka?

Just asking as we generally keep our spirits in the freezer. Mmmm cold toffee vodka....thirsty!!
                  I fought the lawn.....and the lawn won!

Comment

Originally posted by fiveaday View Post
                    Just a quick question to those who've made chilli or blackcurrant variants before. Can you keep in the freezer or do they need to be kept at room temperature for the flavours to dissipate into the vodka?

Just asking as we generally keep our spirits in the freezer. Mmmm cold toffee vodka....thirsty!!
                    Good question! I'm just storing mine under the stairs for the lead up to Christmas, a few day's before drinking I'm thinking about straining it and putting back into the bottles and just sticking it in the fridge,
                    I'm doing Scarlets recipe for Blackberry BTW.

Comment

I also keep mine in the cupboard under the stairs...I think it needs the warmth of the house for the flavour of the fruit to go through the alcohol. Put in the freezer when it's ready?

Comment

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
                        it says in the book to fill a kilner jar 2/3rds full with dry(not dried) blackberrys put in enough sugar to cover the bottom half of the berrys then top up with whisky ,shake gently daily and after 6 months bottle and eat the berrys ,then leave it for a year and drink
                        I don't leave my blackberry whisky for a year to drink. I just leave it in a warm place for about 3 months, strain and bottle. I still have half a bottle form last year so I am going to make blackberry brandy this year to go with the peach schnapps, cocoa nibs whisky, cocoa nibs amaretto and the coffee vodka.

Not sure what else is going to be made as I still have quite a few bottles left from last year.
                        Still have kumquat, cherry brandy, greengage gin, damson vodka and damson gin, marmalade gin, mulled gin, cherry stone kirsch and spiced rum.

Oh yes I have run out of raspberry gin, so must make some of that tomorrow. You can make flavoured gins and vodkas with frozen fruit too.

Comment

Was looking to do this when my reapers grow.... Only just had the first flower and at this time of year seems unlikely I'll get any.

Vodka seems to be the go to drink for this, but has anyone tried it with any other spirits?

Comment

I make strawberry gin every year, 1 pound of strawberries in a large jar , 2-4 oz sugar, depending on taste, 1 bottle of gin.
                            Leave 3 months then strain off liquid and bottle.make a trifle with the now white strawberries,don't give any to the kids.
                            The liquor tastes and smells just like fresh strawberries and keeps indefinitely at room temp.
                            don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                            remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X