rhubarb wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhubarb wine

hi all, a mate of mine has a decent sized rhubarb bush and we were talking about making wine out of it ,i`ve not made it before and was wondering when is the best time of year to pick it ? now or wait another couple of months and let the bush really grow and get more ? any advice welcome,cheers
    The Dude abides.

Hi, I just started my rhubarb wine 2 days ago and it's bubbling nicely. It's best to pick now or over next few weeks as any later it can cause jellification in the wine. Not sure what method you are going to use by he dry sugar method is good with rhubarb but helps to freeze it first as you will get more juice.

Comment

Well I made a rhubarb gin cocktail at the weekend and it was delicious :-) Although I had to check several times ...
      My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

hi ,cheers im going to use that "booze" book bloke john somthing whos hugh f w`s mate,i`ll give that freezer trick a go too,cheers
        The Dude abides.

Comment

Recipes that i've seen suggest it'll take 18 months once bottled to be at it's best. Is that correct?

What's the dry sugar method?

Comment

I like the dry sugar method as you seem to get more juice. I only use this method with Rhubarb wine but with some wines the boiling water added can give the fruit a cooked fruit taste which takes away the nice fresh taste such in Rhubarb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X