Happy Coincidences

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Coincidences

I awoke on Sunday to find my car full of junk. My wife had loaded it the night before whilst I was on the plot. This meant that I had to visit the tip before I could get to the GC to buy some more compost.

At the tip I saw some demijohns which I liberated (6 of them, doubling my collection).

After pulling out of the tip I saw an Elder in flower (a rarity round here as the soil isn't really suited).

I now have Elderflower wine fermenting and 3 bottles of Cordial in the fridge.

I didn't think I'd be thanking my wife for filling the car with carp.

While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

A few weeks ago driving home from work I was undecided about getting more fuel, I went round the roundabout another time and headed for morrisons garage, got my diesel and instead of going back on the bypass I went through the village and out the other side nearly at the other roundabout I spotted a skip... the result was 8 6x2 beams of 8-9foot and assorted timber for the fire.
    Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Sounds like you both had great finds. Best sort of bargain!
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Haha! We're all skip-divers at heart!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X