Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recipe request! Seville orage wine from a tin?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recipe request! Seville orage wine from a tin?

This is for any brew experts out there... I know you're out there!

As I couldn't find any Seville oranges in the shops up here, I bought some "Ma Made" tinned seville oranges with the intention of making wine rather than marmalade, which is what the tin was designed for. The tin contains prepared (?) Seville oranges, citric acid and pectin. Has anyone tried making a wine from this before? If yes, can you give me any tips or a recipe that worked?

I'm assuming I don't need lemons in the recipe, because the tin has added citric acid, and also I'll need to use a pectolase because of the added pectin. Apart from that, any ideas on quantities of sugar, methods etc?

Or I could just make marmalade I suppose...

Dwell simply ~ love richly

I have to go out so don't have time to look for a recipe for you but have PM'd a website for you to have a look at.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Hi shirlthegirl, had a look at that site but they didn't have anything... nothing in any of my books at home either, will keep trying.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I have asked on there if anyone can help with a recipe - will let you know if I get anything.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

PM'd you with a recipe I got sent! Good luck
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

tinned oranges

best I can do is a tinned mandarin receipe. 1lb tin of fruit and juice, also suggests 1/2 pt white grape juice which would give the wine body. But you could substitute 1/2 lb sugar to keep the strength up. Or add some pea pod juice or parsnip liquid to give it body.

Add tannin, could be cold tea, no milk!! nutrient tab and citric acid probably because it has all been killed off when canned. Pectolase as you say to un-jam it. make up to one gallon or multiples of. add yeast and watch it go. could be worth taking a before specific gravity reading to help you see how strong it could get.

You could brew it with just orange and use it to blend with another home wine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X