Cauliflower wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cauliflower wine

A mate just sent me a recipe for tea wine.

I was planning on planting a few cauliflower seeds tonight and that got me wondering if you could make cauliflower wine as I love cauliflower?

Is it worth it or is it a stupid idea?

Cheers
    http://www.keithsallotment.blogspot.com/

A wine too far, even for me, I feel. I can't even find a recipe on line.

Comment

Not too sure about the bouquet

Comment

Tea wine is lovely when well made (mind you it should have raisins added). But Cauliflower wine - doesn't appeal to me.

Comment

I'll try to ferment just about anything but the thought of brassicas bubbling in a bucket just sounds wrong in so many ways
          Urban Escape Blog

Comment

I'm sure it would play havoc with certain parts of the anatomy!
            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Caulli wine

Of course you can !!
              simmer the cauli, cool then add some raisins or some fruit such as apples pears or plums. Add yeast to the bucket and allow to ferment for a week. Keep well covered. Strain into a demijohn and top up with sugar, 3lb to the gallon. Rack, bottle and drink.
              The less fruit the lighter the wine style produced, trust me it will have no funny smells or digestive problems. Just to stop the comments you could miss out the fruit but it will give the wine body.

Comment

Originally posted by Brewer-again View Post
                Of course you can !!
                ... but it doesn't mean you should
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Don't go there!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

ha ha well my mate says he has lots of sprouts and is considering making wine out of them, presumably self fizzing wine!

Of course you can !!
                    simmer the cauli, cool then add some raisins or some fruit such as apples pears or plums. Add yeast to the bucket and allow to ferment for a week. Keep well covered. Strain into a demijohn and top up with sugar, 3lb to the gallon. Rack, bottle and drink.
                    The less fruit the lighter the wine style produced, trust me it will have no funny smells or digestive problems. Just to stop the comments you could miss out the fruit but it will give the wine body.
                    Thanks I may give it a go if I manage to grow some cauli's and if I remember!
                    Won't have cost much if is rubbish/doesn't work.
                    http://www.keithsallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Brewer!!, what have you done!, Fruits and grains even flowers are for wine, members of the brassica family are stricktly for boiling and frying, but I would be most interested to know how it turns out and it's affects on the digestive tract!!.
                      Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

brassica wine, why not

It is pre-conceved ideas that have held back the great advances in society for thousands of years. The earth is flat, the sun revolves around us, and white is right. All these thought processes have delayed us climbing to the climate changing time that we live in.
                        Anything with a flavour can be brewed or used to make wine with you just need to appreciatte the balance of flavour and strenght.
                        Once you pass the point the world is your oyster, did you know you can make wine from

Comment

Anything with a flavour can be brewed or used to make wine with
                          I have to take issue here - not everything with a flavour tastes nice. Just because you CAN brew or make wine with anything, doesn't mean the result will be a pleasant drink.
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Cauliflower wine.....it's never right!

Comment

Somebody is taking the pea wine here. Actually I have tried pea-pod wine and it is drinkable after about 4 years. But brassica wine seems to be a wine for laying down for even longer - then avoiding like the plague.
                              Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                              >
                              >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X