Gonna start making wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post

About the only country wine with any resemblance to red grape wine is elderberry
    Must try that this year.

Comment

I have surprised folks by serving my fruit tea bag wine in the recycled (still with labels) bottle from a well known Californian pink wine then telling them that it is home brewed. Finding out that it is not a totally grape wine seems to shock them all
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Well I have got a 27ltr bucket and lid, an air lock, steriliser and wine yeast. all I need to do now is make it lol
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

One of my favourite comments from CJJ
          "It is as easy to make 5 gallons of wine as one, and it lasts nearly twice as long"........
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I would like to have a go - or get OH interested in making wine. I was planning on getting a kit from Wilkinsons for his BD in August to start him off, he is retired chef so I was hoping he might be good - and he drinks enough!

I'll keep my eye for what else might be needed. Thanks everyone.
            BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
            Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

If its any help, "Chef" might get a buzz... from a "Beaverdale" Barolo kit, seriously easy to make although it will take a while to mature, or as a chef myself how about some encouragement to go out picking!! all that free hedgerow fruit and flowers, us indoor types need the fresh air and exercise
              Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Originally posted by ohbeary View Post
                If its any help, "Chef" might get a buzz... from a "Beaverdale" Barolo kit, seriously easy to make although it will take a while to mature, or as a chef myself how about some encouragement to go out picking!! all that free hedgerow fruit and flowers, us indoor types need the fresh air and exercise
                Just had a look online for the Beaverdale kit, it sounds good. Will the kit come with all that is needed or do I need to purchase extra bits?

And yes, will look out for some PYO fruits too. We are quite close to Brogdale fruit farm so could have a day out there as well.
                BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                  "It is as easy to make 5 gallons of wine as one, and it lasts nearly twice as long"........
                  I like that

Nanny always used to have demijohns bubbling away in the kitchen, and we kids would have crafty sips. I bet she thought it was all evaporating
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X