No announcement yet.

blackcurrant vodka?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We made hampers last year, one of the gifts was blueberry vodka (and toffee - werthers originals in vodka.. now THAT is nice) last year - didn't add any sugar and blimey... it was nice, a bit too nice if you know what I mean..

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
      We made hampers last year, one of the gifts was blueberry vodka (and toffee - werthers originals in vodka.. now THAT is nice) last year - didn't add any sugar and blimey... it was nice, a bit too nice if you know what I mean..
      like the sound of the toffee vodka! what ratio did you use?

Comment

1.5bags per 750ml bottle

The 2nd lot we made we crushed the werthers up first, as they dissolved so much faster (in the blender like) - sticky mess, but the end product is AMAZING.

You don't realise how much you're drinking..

If it's not strong enough (toffee) wise for you, just add the other half bag in. I used the hard sweets, not the soft chewy ones.

Comment

Btw, we tried it with Smirnoff, some Polish vodka (forgot name) - and some cheapo Lidl/whatever make - all tasted exactly the same, so next time we make it, it'll probably be with the cheaper varieities.

Comment

nigella lawson has a brilliant recipe for rhubarb vodka... if i can find it, i'll post it on here...

tried chilli vodka a while back... 2nd shot sent us cross-eyed, 3rd gave us jelly legs and 4th... um? definitely not one for the faint hearted!!!!

Comment

I had success with lychees and soft berries last year and as already mentioned I froze the boozy fruit for trifles etc. I tried with blackberry but it tasted so earthy and digusting I admit to tipping it down the drain.

Comment

Made some blackberry vodka earlier in the year sampled it on christmas eve everyone loved it wont be a blackberry left on the bushes round here in summer lol

Comment

stuff vodka !!

many years ago on a far off planet I was annoyed at folk who put fruit in shop bought alcohol. There were so many other different ways to make drinks such as freeze distillation that should be considered.

Comment

Freeze Distilation!!

Hmmm!, freeze distillation? or separation by freezing is an unlawful activity!!, unless you are paying the appropriate duty to HM Customs & Exicise, anyhoo normal fermentation produces a wide range of alcohols, in normal circumstances fermenting out to around 12% or so the undesirable alcohols are minimal, concentrating the alcohols increases the concentration of all the alcohols, in normal distillation ie up the hill or down by the bayoo one would line up the jam jars, out 100 the first 10 go into the petrol tank and the last 15 are for cleaning paint brushes. The lower and higher alcohols are not good for you, ie blindness and good old death can result, madness is another side effect but would any of us home brewers actually notice?. If you must distill anything I would suggest a counter top"reflux still" sold for distilling essential oils etc, it comes with the warning that you should ensure that you ensure that your activities are within the laws of your state or country!. Happy days chums, hic!

oh yeah and the stuff from the shops is safe! and reasonably priced! ish............
                    Last edited by ohbeary; 12-01-2010, 11:51 PM.
                    Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X