Summer fruits gin liquer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer fruits gin liquer

The local market was giving away blackberries, raspberries and strawberries today, no-one around because of the rain so I've made my annual batch of the above. You mix up 1 bottle very cheap gin (why use the good stuff as the fruit flavours it wonderfully) 750ml white sugar and 750ml of mixed fruits (I cut the strawberries a bit smaller) and leave it for about two months, stirring when you remember for the first week or so to dissolve the sugar. At the end of the two months, drain into bottles. Don't throw away the fruit, its fantastic on ice cream.
    I'll probably pop some currants in as well when mine ripen.

I admire the spirit (in fact any spirit!) but 1 bottle does not sound very much.. have done rum punch before now.

bvp
    http://www.myspace.com/bayviewplot

Comment

How many bottles do you normally get with those quantities blackkitty
      Love 'n' Stuff
      Babs

My Blog - My Little Patch Of Culinary Heaven

Comment

I've had a very similar brew going for a few weeks now but with bacardi (I had a load of old frozen fruit from last year in the back of the freezer). We tried an ickle bit tonight for the first time to see what it was like and it was absolutley gorgeous and smelled like heaven! The rhubarb schnapps was pretty good also.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I normally get a bottle and just over a half from it and enough fruit for four people twice. Obviously you can double or treble the quantity. I usually just do one batch as a do plum gin and sloe gin and rhubarb snapps etc etc

Comment

Sounds good - might have to give these a go
            Love 'n' Stuff
            Babs

My Blog - My Little Patch Of Culinary Heaven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X