Tinned Strawberry wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much,
    off to the shops now to hunt down tannin.

Comment

I've just looked up tannin in CJJ Berry -

"In flower and grain wines, add one tsp (5ml) of grape tannin....... or one tablespoon of strong tea per gallon, add half of that for other wines"

Hope that helps.

Comment

Blimey Hazel, thanks for looking it up, i was gonna put in strong tea, about a cup full!!

Comment

"....if too much (tannin) the wine will be harsh, astringent and bitter", says CJJ.

Comment

I have made this tonight, looks good, i am also making the fruit tea wine which is not looking so good cos i have put too much sugar in!
            I didnt check the strawb wine with the hydrometer but after the other one i went to check and it is a perfect 1.09!! woo hoo

Comment

My brew is now reading 1.04 on the hydrometer, is this about right? it's day nine and i was going to try and bottle it tonight but not if i need it to get to 0.99.
              It looks likeits not doing anything, i thought fermentation had stopped.

Comment

Fermentation takes place at different speeds. You could put two identical batches of wine to brew and one can ferment out faster than the other. Temperature and all sorts of things seem to have an effect on the speed. Be patient.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Thanks shirley, i will keep my mitts off!! lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X