Mulled Wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulled Wine

Hi everyone, just had my first taste of mulled wine at the weekend. Delicious. Just wondered if anyone had a tried and tasted recipe for it?
    sigpic

Looks like you are the only mulled wine fan on the vine, Jay
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Most recipes seem to be wine, citrus juice of some type, cinnamon and maybe a few other spices to taste, sugar, and a splash of brandy. I guess the most important thing is the wine, the better flavoured it is the better the finished result. Plus using spices you like.

There seem to be a zillion recipes on t'interweb, amazingly even a slow cooker one! I guess experimentation is the key.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Sorry - I replied on the chat thread….
        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...63#post2537863
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I usually just do it from memory. 1 bottle of red, juice of one orange, a cinnamon stick, maybe 5-6 cloves. And star anis if you have it. Sugar to taste.

Comment

Thanks Melanie!!
            sigpic

Comment

We have invited our neighbours over for a quick pre Xmas drink outside and decided to offer mulled wine and nibbles.
              We will offer both mulled wine and mulled cider. Funny thing is, this is a big cidre area yet no one we’ve spoken to has ever had mulled cidre!
              Rather than crisps I wanted to offer something different ( The french never have alcohol without something to nibble)

I spotted this and thought of Jay….It’s got some very interesting advice on ingredients.
              https://onehappyavo.com/mulled-wine-...-to-pair-with/
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

That’s fab Nicos, thanks so much for sharing. Going to try this next week!
                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X