Any cider makers ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cider makers ?

Anyone on here make cider? Going to plant a couple of extra apple trees specifically for our cider but which ones....I fancy crab apples

I’ve made cider a few times but just with the peel and core of eating/ cooking apples I have prepared for the freezer so can’t really recommend any variety in particular.
    Sounds like a great idea!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      I’ve made cider a few times but just with the peel and core of eating/ cooking apples I have prepared for the freezer so can’t really recommend any variety in particular.
      Sounds like a great idea!
      Ho hum....you might find adding some juice beneficial! We use whatever apples we can get hold of - our allotment site has communal apple orchards which provide most of our apples but they are all eating apples. We have a small orchard in back garden - Bramley and dessert apples.
      we then have a cider making frenzy - we wash and chop and discard any rotten bits then put them through a domestic juicer.
      We usually make enough for the coming year.

Comment

Making cider is a bit of an art, you really do need some proper cider apples, I have tried and whilst it was drinkable.............just, you would want 2 of them.
        Have a look at this Buy cider apples from the nursery. Organic cider apple trees for sale. (walcotnursery.co.uk)
        If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.
        Gardening in the NE of Scotland

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X