Yes we have no bananas.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes we have no bananas.....

Just been to Tesco's where they had loads of over-ripe bananas for sale for a few pence a pound. I got about 20 bananas for 13p!!!

Got to thinking???..... Can you make banana wine?

Sounds nice and would be really cheap to make as the bananas are pracrically free!

I think, with them being quite ripe, the sugar content would be high and a wine made from them would probably be quite potent?

If anyone's had a go at making banana wine I would like to hear from them

PS The tinned peaches are cheap and would probably make nice wine also
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Banana wine is very good, very good indeed! Got a kick like a mule though! Best if kept for a long time as improves with keeping. Orange wine also very good! hic!

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      Banana wine is very good, very good indeed! Got a kick like a mule though! Best if kept for a long time as improves with keeping. Orange wine also very good! hic!
      Do you do samples, Squirrel?Lol
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I'm sure there's something in one of the CJJ Berry books about 'nana wine. I've not got my book to hand but will dig it out if you want me to..
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
          I'm sure there's something in one of the CJJ Berry books about 'nana wine. I've not got my book to hand but will dig it out if you want me to..
          No need...Thanks all the same...I would prefer 1st hand experience if possible

I could also 'dig it out' as I have a few cj berry books but just wondered if it was worth making?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Can't advise there... sorry.
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Banana wine

Yes, banana wine is well worth making. Also a banana or two including the skins added to other wine making will give body and helps to clarify it. Banana wine is very potent, just follow the basic recepies and adjust them to your taste. Try banana and blackberries.
              Regards
              Don Vincenzo

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vincenzo View Post
                Yes, banana wine is well worth making. Also a banana or two including the skins added to other wine making will give body and helps to clarify it. Banana wine is very potent, just follow the basic recepies and adjust them to your taste. Try banana and blackberries.
                Regards
                Don Vincenzo
                Thanks Don....just picked some blackberries...I bet the bananas in tesco have gone up in price again though Lol

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  Do you do samples, Squirrel?Lol
                  Got a bottle in the rack of banana wine dated 2003! Should be good! Will probably crack it at christmas! Want to come over for a sip!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X