New beer kit

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New beer kit

So after a break of more years than I care to divulge , I've just bought a new pressure barrel and a Morgans "Stockmans Draught" beer kit.Anyone used this and any tips to pass on?
    Seems bizare that beer kits come all the way from Australia,will have to try one from nearer home than this,but the man in the shop said it tastes like Marstons Pedigree and that was it,the money was in the till and I'm off down the road £40 lighter!!

Update on the aussie beer,well it's nothing like Marstons Pedigree,but it's better than I remember the old home brew of 20 years ago.Simple to make and worth drinking,intend to try out the cider kit as well,then maybe next year use my own apples.

Comment

If the man in the shop told me it would be like Marston's Pedigree, I would not have parted with 40 quid....

I do love my beer, but think it's more tricky than wine to do yourself - best of luck with yours, though.

Comment

Have a look here.. I have done a few.

Beer Kits

A noteable couple are....

York Brewery Stonewall and Yorkshire Terrier
        Woodfordes Wherry
        Woodfordes NOG
        http://norburger.blogspot.com/
        http://www.justgiving.com/jasonnorledge

Comment

As there seems to be some interest on other posts I thought I'd pass on some lessons learnt with the new kits.
          Brewing sugar is dearer but does a better job
          Pick a warm spot to brew your beer,but move it out of the sun once it's ready,mine started fermenting again,tastes fine,but it's a bit windy round here!!

Comment

If you want any help or advice on brewing beer (kit, extract or ag) you could do worse than check out Welcome to Jim's Beer Kit! Practical Homebrewing It has over 3000 members and plenty of advice on offer for all things beer related.
            Freedom is a road seldom travelled by the multitude

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X