Excuse my French

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse my French

I never thought I would be able to find country wine recipes in France.

It's all in French but worth a look here.

Mods - I hope I am not breaking any rules with this link, but I am
    just so excited ...

KK
    Last edited by scared55; 06-02-2008, 07:00 AM. Reason: Link corrected (I hate sites that use Frames!)

Get back in yer corner!
    It would be interesting to see if their country wines taste different from ours. I mean, them being wine-makers and us being tea-brewers, that is.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Oh yummmm.....and the rest!!!
      Nice find!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
        Get back in yer corner!
        It would be interesting to see if their country wines taste different from ours. I mean, them being wine-makers and us being tea-brewers, that is.
        Interestingly, the French are only just behind the UK in the tea drinking stakes across Europe, you see lots of tea being drunk here, there's loads of varieties and tisanes always in the supermarkets tho brekkie out seems still to be petit cafe ou chocolat.

Nice one Scarey, may well be using that a bit more later in the year.
        Last edited by TonyF; 06-02-2008, 07:30 AM.
        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Sorry, I'm being really ignorant, but what exactly is country wine?

On another note, I think I heard somewhere that tea is falling out of favour in the UK, and that coffee - the devils drink, will soon overtake tea sales.

Just found this:

How roast beef , flour and tea no longer tickle our tastebuds| News | This is London

Edit: S'okay, I found this: Fruit wine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          Last edited by HeyWayne; 06-02-2008, 08:30 AM.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Country wine is the name for home brewed concoctions which aren't grape. Most of the recipes for 'wine' you get on here - parsnip, apple, orange etc are classed as country wines. I think it's because country people (those with local access to hedgerows for example) made them. With cars we all have access but look at Lark rise to Cranford et al. Most people never went further than they could walk so you had to be in the country to make them I guess.

Comment

Oooh! Larkrise to Cranford, I've come over all faint again!

Too right! I think people (me included) have neglected to make proper use of what's been given us by Mother Nature in our hedgerows, and surely there's a resurgence in making something out of nothing now.

I, for one, am looking forward to the 'trials and errors' of doing just that! she said, checking that she hadn't poisoned Trousers or the cat lately.......

Comment

larkrise to Cranford is what ??

I am several years old but I have not heard of this

What is it a book, play or film.????????

Country wines are great. When I were a lad !!!I made a map of my area showing what could be obtained and when. I could pick goosberries from the side of the railway, blackberries from downland and apples from overhanging trees. I still do it 40 years later

Comment

Sorry - Cranford was on TV on Sunday nights a few weeks ago. Then Lark Rise to Candleford followed with, it seemed, almost the same cast and costumes. Neither paid much attention to the plot of the original books (read 'em) so I conflated the two. Obviously a not-funny joke!

Comment

Thanks Madderbat may give one or two a try with her limited French.
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X