Rum cherries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rum cherries

Ok, not strictly made from your garden but I had to share this one with you because it's great!

Basically, buy a large tub of glace cherries and cover with Morgan's Spiced rum. Leave in a dark place for about a month.

Voila! A really sweet, spicy liqueur to sip and cherries to eat that will warm you up on the coldest nights and taste fantastic in your christmas puddings/cakes etc.

Discovered this one whilst camping this year - the people next to us had made loads - believe me, 3 or 4 cherries really keep the cold out!
    Live for something or die for nothing

During the 80s and 90s we regularly made a Rumtopf for Christmas. Basically, in a special container, layers of fruit and suger were placed during the year and covered with rum. By Christmas the pot was full and the fruit had all been steeping in rum for between three and nine months. Luvverly old German custom.

KK

Comment

Sounds really great, however would probably be better with fresh cherries. I made blackberry wine one year and fortified it with Woods Rum - ABSOLUTELYBL***YFANTASTIC.

Comment

Sounds good, but with brandy instead of rum?
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I would like to try the cherries after soaking in the spiced rum. I can just imagine the taste they have, delicious.

Comment

They sound really good, must try it. Cherries are my favourite fruit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X