+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 26
- 03-03-2011, 11:02 AM #1
Potato Patch - manure or no manure
Can anyone clarify whether manure on your potato patch, dug in well before planting is OK. My book says not to manure on ground for root crops and whilst I understand this as far as carrots and parsnips are concerned, it specifies that potatos fall into that camp too?
- 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM #2
Potatoes love manure - the more well rotted the better.
In my 4 yr rotation, the coming year's potato patch is piled high with a thick blanket of manure in autumn/winter. We have fresh manure delivered to the Hill, so it's fresh when it goes on the beds, but within two or three months or so when the winter weather and the worms have done their work, a quick tickle over with the fork, and they're good to plant the spuds into.
- 03-03-2011, 11:23 AM #3
- 03-03-2011, 11:25 AM #4
- 03-03-2011, 11:31 AM #5
- 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM #6
The children are also growing in bags this year, five tubers each of Rocket (son) and Charlotte (daughter).
- 03-03-2011, 11:50 AM #7
- 03-03-2011, 12:11 PM #8
- By realfood in forum Allotment AdviceReplies: 17Last Post: 29-05-2013, 08:29 AM
- By splatcat in forum Vegging OutReplies: 1Last Post: 11-02-2011, 06:42 PM
- By afrench108 in forum Vegging OutReplies: 4Last Post: 30-09-2009, 10:28 AM
- By Terryr in forum Digging AroundReplies: 4Last Post: 23-01-2009, 08:17 PM
- By allotmentlady in forum Digging AroundReplies: 2Last Post: 19-01-2009, 09:12 PM