+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: hawthorn cuttings
- 08-05-2009, 07:53 PM #1Germinator
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
can anyone tell me how to take hawthorn cuttings Ihave got a few holes in my allotment hedge and I am hoping that I might be able to grow a few hedge cuttings but dont know how or what time of the year to do it
- 08-05-2009, 08:30 PM #2
Yeah, I don't know either. I had a bit of a google last week and the bit I found suggested it was easier to grow hawthorn from seed rather than cutting. But we were hand-pruning some of the hedge anyway so we cut the 'bits' to about 8" and just stuck them in a 'slit trench'. They've got two chances!Manda.
To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
- 08-05-2009, 10:57 PM #3Sprouter
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
I recently trimmed my red/black currant bush, and I thought afterwards, I wonder if I can plant them as cuttings.
Some are doing ok. I think currants would make a good low (4') hedge.
- By finefencer in forum Feeling FruityReplies: 10Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:39 PM
- By Ruud in forum New ShootsReplies: 9Last Post: 17-12-2009, 06:17 PM
- By Beckybex in forum Rule the RoostReplies: 4Last Post: 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM
- By GazSuttonUK in forum The Flower MillReplies: 5Last Post: 26-05-2008, 07:29 AM
- By cotton54321 in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 8Last Post: 05-12-2006, 08:33 PM