Results 5,177 to 5,184 of 6782
- 29-03-2014, 05:07 PM #5177
Didn't get near the garden today as it was a miserable rainy day. Spent about half an hour in the greenhouse just looking at my pepper and tomato plants.
And when your back stops aching,
And your hands begin to harden.
You will find yourself a partner,
In the glory of the garden.
- 29-03-2014, 05:33 PM #5178Sprouter
- Join Date
- May 2007
Made and planted my strawberry bed.
Dug my bean trench lined it with paper and some nice compost. Put my canes up. All I need now is some plants!!
Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
- 29-03-2014, 05:53 PM #5179
Potted on some tomatoes, chillies, corriander and minuscule poppies. Sowed more chillies.
Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 29-03-2014 at 05:54 PM.DottyR
- 29-03-2014, 05:53 PM #5180
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Hornchurch, Essex
- Blog Entries
- 29-03-2014, 06:09 PM #5181
Planted lots of potatoes in recycling bags and bins. The Verve compost was very good, no bits of plastic etc.. Peas had two hours out today, aim to get them fully outside in the next week. Found the twigs I needed for pea support in our local wood. Looking forward to doing more tomorrowNannys make memories
- 29-03-2014, 06:20 PM #5182Germinator
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
Potted on my tomato seedlings and planted out the onion sets. Then had a cold beer on the patio whilst enjoying the sunshine!
- 29-03-2014, 06:52 PM #5183
What I've been doing today was very similar to what Monty don was doing last night on telly.
I have a dry sunny border which has housed my strawbery plants for the last three years. The crop was down last year as the bed was awash with couch grass and bindweed and also the strawberry stools were becoming leggy.
I've decided to devote two smaller, oddly shaped beds to the strawberries this year. I've dug and planted up one last week and today I dug the other plot removing all perenniel weeds. I then dug up the last of the strawberies from the other bed.
I had to un-entagle the roots from the couch grass and break crowns up into tiny plants. These were all planted out and a granular pottasium rich fertiliser was added.
Next job will be to tackle the parent bed and remove all nasty weeds as my onion sets will be going into that this year.My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)
Diversify & prosper
- 29-03-2014, 06:55 PM #5184
- By swansea girl in forum General chitchatReplies: 8Last Post: 09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
- By Llamas in forum Season to TasteReplies: 20Last Post: 20-12-2009, 07:27 PM
- By Sue in forum Vegging OutReplies: 4Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
- By piskieinboots in forum General chitchatReplies: 7Last Post: 22-01-2009, 01:23 PM
- By samw04 in forum General chitchatReplies: 1Last Post: 04-04-2008, 10:06 PM