+ Reply to Thread
Results 33 to 35 of 35
Thread: Butter bean seeds??
- 14-02-2011, 10:46 AM #33Seedling
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- South London suburbia
- 22-10-2011, 11:22 AM #34
I grew some (eating ones from supermarket pack) in the gh this summer. Planted 1st June, harvested dry after 4 months. Only one plant survived out of four, dwarf plant, small crop (about 12 seeds in all).
I also grew Seeds of Italy - BUTTERBEAN FAGIOLO DI SPAGNA (UK only) on the lotty, and got a few more from them, but still only about 25 beans in all from 4 plants.
The best, by far, has been Moonlight runner bean ~ hugely prolific and a lovely fat white "butter bean" seed
All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.
- 22-10-2011, 01:07 PM #35Mature Fruiter
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Willesborough, Kent
I saved enough for seed next year, never thought of eating the others! ....silly me *blush*
- By Rabidbun in forum Vegging OutReplies: 3Last Post: 16-10-2010, 11:35 AM
- By Suky in forum New ShootsReplies: 4Last Post: 20-05-2009, 09:20 AM
- By not so greeen fingered in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 0Last Post: 27-09-2008, 02:30 PM
- By MaureenHall in forum Vegging OutReplies: 2Last Post: 29-07-2008, 12:27 PM
- By chickenjane in forum Season to TasteReplies: 5Last Post: 20-10-2007, 10:41 AM