+ Reply to Thread
Results 17 to 24 of 38
Thread: Mayan Gold Spuds!
- 19-01-2008, 07:56 PM #17
Seasprout stop looking around... or you will end up like kittykat with loads of potatoes...
MomolI grow, I pick, I eat ...
- 19-01-2008, 08:01 PM #18
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Leicester. (South west bit) Well someone has to.
- Blog Entries
Considering i grow mine in tubs and containers, you'd think I would kerb my spud growing, i have to water and feed em....but nope... Feb 3rd I'm off to Ryton to buy them individually.
Great to hear all the comments people. I have ordered some from T and M and look forward growing / eating them (and not boiling them!).
Gee some of you must have huge potato appetites and or allotments to use so many.
- 08-02-2008, 08:48 PM #20
Wondered if anybody's noticed it but Mayan Gold does not chit/sprout well. Mine haven't chitted much (& not likely to either) so just as well they're Maincrop spud.Food for Free
- 09-02-2008, 01:03 AM #21
Last edited by muckdiva; 09-02-2008 at 01:04 AM.All at once I hear your voice
And time just slips away
- 09-02-2008, 01:19 PM #22Food for Free
- 09-02-2008, 03:43 PM #23
I read about mayan gold on here and spoted some in tesco's i bought some put some in a tray to chit and tried some roasted they was ok and tried some mashed after they was steamed and mashed some of the best mashed spuds i have tasted so bought some more and now have enough for 2 rows they do not crop very heavy so they will be well watered with comfrey tea we will se how we go jacob
- 21-08-2009, 07:21 PM #24
I've just eaten my Mayan Gold spuds ... highly recommended (I've saved the best for replanting).
They do cook quickly ... we had them steamed (20 mins).
Very little slug damage, and absolutely no scab.
All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.
"You don't need horsemuck, potions, sprays or packets of stuff to grow vegetables" ~~ me
- By kittykat8 in forum Vegging OutReplies: 5Last Post: 14-01-2010, 02:48 AM
- By kittykat8 in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 1Last Post: 21-12-2009, 02:37 PM
- By kittykat8 in forum The Seed SwapReplies: 3Last Post: 28-01-2009, 08:35 AM
- By Miss Mousetrousers in forum Vegging OutReplies: 12Last Post: 21-09-2008, 08:44 PM
- By jacob marley in forum Vegging OutReplies: 8Last Post: 04-05-2008, 01:54 AM